network time service

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• network time service

Is the daylight savings time automatic or do i need to write logic to turn off the apply DST tag on NOV 3 this year.

I don't think the apply DST tag is even working. I am an hour behind weather i have the tag on or off. when i manual put in the time the old way it is correct for a second then it gets changed back.

Comment

See below example code to automatically apply for Daylight Saving Time:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Pseries%20DST.PNG
Views:	143
Size:	9.7 KB
ID:	121223
      If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

Originally posted by z28z34man View Post
        I don't think the apply DST tag is even working. I am an hour behind weather i have the tag on or off. when i manual put in the time the old way it is correct for a second then it gets changed back.
        You have to trigger the Time Synch instruction while the DST tag is high to have it applied to the time. Tested here on my end and works as expected.
        If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

Also make sure you set the tag used for the DST tag to retentive so if there is a stop transition the bit does not get reset.

Comment

Originally posted by P3K_ADC_Eng View Post
            See below example code to automatically apply for Daylight Saving Time:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Pseries%20DST.PNG
Views:	143
Size:	9.7 KB
ID:	121223
            I am assuming you have the time sync instruction set to update every Sunday for that code to work. Otherwise it would be off part of the week of DST change

the time sync instruction is working well in my productivity 3000. it the 1000 i can see it change for a split second when i changed it from run once a day to manual triggered but it changes back on its own. When i try to change it with the set CPU time in the application tools it changes back on its own as well.

Comment

You could actually use the same code and add a CMP instruction for the minute and one minute after 2 AM on that day enable a time synch instruction to be executed to correct the time for DST. If you only wanted to execute that time synch once a year you could do this, but that kind of defeats the purpose of using the time server to keep your RTC accurate.

Comment

I was caught out by the NTS settings. On the P2000 PLC I had been looking for a way of keeping the clock in sync and when I seen a firmware update which allowed this setting, I set it up to point to an internal server. The time was now being corrected and i thought everything was OK. Now this week there was complaints about things turning off 1 hour before there time. Checked the server and it was showing the correct time but the PLC was still out 1 hour. Is this because at the heart of the server time is still GMT0 but when you ask it what the time is the correction is added and you see the time with DST applied. The program needs to be able to apply this DST automatically as the date varies every year.

Comment

Originally posted by z28z34man View Post

I am assuming you have the time sync instruction set to update every Sunday for that code to work. Otherwise it would be off part of the week of DST change

the time sync instruction is working well in my productivity 3000. it the 1000 i can see it change for a split second when i changed it from run once a day to manual triggered but it changes back on its own. When i try to change it with the set CPU time in the application tools it changes back on its own as well.
                  Does it work now, since the month is no longer '3'?

Comment

It was fine in the p3000k haven't got back to it in the 1k

Comment

Working...
                    X