Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Runtime transfer causing PLC shutdown (P-suite V3.3 and V3.4)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Runtime transfer causing PLC shutdown (P-suite V3.3 and V3.4)

I have encountered the cases several times with different PLCs (P3-550, P2-550) in different locations, the error is as in the attached picture. It is kind of annoying especially when I doing it remotely (the programming station is local, I use remote desktop). Although re-transfer, or change the PLC mode will restart the PLC, but the plant has to restart the equipment one bye one. This makes me scared to make changes on the run.
    Attached Files

Suffering from the same issue, I thought it was network related but I have gone over everything and can't find any issues on that end.

Comment

Can both of you try the below?:

1. Can you save the project without errors?
      2. Do you have a back-up copy of the project? (Project compare can be used to find any possible differences)
      3. Does this happen during both run and/or stop mode transfers?
      4. Can you go online with the CPU and create a system report?

Please send your system report into our technical support team so we can try to duplicate and begin our investigation.
      If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

1. Can you save the project without errors?
        Yes, I normally compile first then download. The only thing I feel is to add any new tags will cause this problem much more often.

2. Do you have a back-up copy of the project? (Project compare can be used to find any possible differences)
        I back up all the times. Even a small change may cause this problem.

3. Does this happen during both run and/or stop mode transfers?
        Both

4. Can you go online with the CPU and create a system report?
        Not sure how to create the system report, please explain.

Comment

Be online with the CPU:

1.) Click on Help -> then Create System Report. Make sure 'include project with debug information' is selected.

This will save a .zip file of the files we need. Then send this into our tech support team. https://support.automationdirect.com/techcontact.html
          If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

Working...
          X