Did the Productivity suite change the Ethernet IP setup lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did the Productivity suite change the Ethernet IP setup lately

i was having a bare of a time getting a productivity 1k to communicate over Ethernet IP with a ControlLogix PLC until i remembered that the productivity suite used to require stop mode transfers whenever i messed with the Ethernet IP settings. I rebooted the P1k and the ethernet IP coms worked right away. did something change or am i miss remembering from the last time i had to set up Ethernet IP coms

Every PLC I've worked with requires Stop-Mode transfers for hardware or communications changes. I believe this has been done on purpose for safety considerations. If it were me designing the product, I would do it this way.

Sure, there are some minor changes in the comms that would be nice to make on the run, but overall, I understand why the rules exist.

Comment

it used to require it at least on the productivity 3000's i set up awhile back on an older version of the software. now it will allow a run mode transfer and i didn't think about it. i had to to a hard reset to get coms to establish

Comment

Working...
      X