Productivity 2000 General Questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Productivity 2000 General Questions.

Hi, I've spent an evening trying to "hello world" a Productivity P2-550 and a P2-HSI module.

1) The screen on the HSI is showing "4" in the bottom right corner. Not sure why. Did this without me ever even uploading a program.

2) I wrote several VERY short programs to get one of the HSI's "status outputs" to go ON. Programs like a straight rung into an output coil of one of the four outputs of that card. Nothing changed. I put a contact in each of the 4 rungs, each rung driving one output coil of each of the four status outputs. Nada. Shouldn't 1,2,3, & 4 light up on the display?

3) Even with a SET coil's contacts driving each of the output rungs Monitor shows the four output coils blinking frequently from 1 which I expect them to be back to "0" which I don't expect them to be. Why?

4) Nowhere can I find a proper schematic of a status output on the P2-HSI. Yes the sketch showing the ouputs but nothing that shows physically where the module display LED is driven. Is the display LED driven on the PLC side of the isolation or the field side?

Any suggestions for this P2 virgin? (Done ton's of CLICK! work, maybe I'm assuming something wrong in the P2 because of that?)

Signed, Dead In the Water.

1) The screen on the HSI is showing "4" in the bottom right corner. Not sure why. Did this without me ever even uploading a program.
    This is an input to the module if it is on you have must have something wired to it turning it on.

As far as the outputs, you cannot turn them on by coil in the ladder. You have to use the WHSO instruction. Check out the WHSO instruction in the help file.

Comment

Ah geez!! That was it. I'd have never figured that out. How did you figure that out? I see no sign of that anywhere in the HSI manual only in the help file and I don't know how I'd have looked that up not knowing a 'WHSO' meant High Speed Output.

Thanks much IMNCTRL.

Comment

Working...
      X