P2K base firmware

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P2K base firmware

This past month I purchased a 4-slot base for a project. I am wondering of they are shipping now with the latest firmware? I ask as the last 4-slot base I installed (back in August of 2018) needed to have its firmware updated.

Edit: I'm asking as it requires using the USB cable to update the base.
    Last edited by Todd Dice; 05-30-2019, 06:19 PM.
    Why worry? If you've done the best you can, worrying won't make it any better

- Walt Disney

What firmware is currently loaded on the new base you just received? It should be 1.0.16.0.

The base firmware can be updated via Ethernet, it does not require USB cable. Either method is supported for updating base firmware.
    If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

Originally posted by P3K_ADC_Eng View Post
      What firmware is currently loaded on the new base you just received? It should be 1.0.16.0.

The base firmware can be updated via Ethernet, it does not require USB cable. Either method is supported for updating base firmware.
      Well, that wasn't what I was told by tech support back in August of 2018. I'll have to get back to you on what firmware is on it, but I can't do that until there's power in my work area (my company just moved). First world problems

- Walt Disney

Comment

Just as I suspected, 4-slot base with 1.0.15.0 firmware. Upgraded it to 1.0.16.0.

- Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Dice View Post
          ... needed to have its firmware updated.
          Out of curiosity, is this related to the static discharge advisory? PA-P2K-004

Comment

Originally posted by kewakl View Post

Out of curiosity, is this related to the static discharge advisory? PA-P2K-004
            No. Memory serves, my prior application (and this thread involves a second exact same setup) slot 4 has an RTD card that is hot swappable, and I had an issue of it not being recognized after power up.

- Walt Disney

Comment

Working...
            X