Bug found with window location

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug found with window location

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, and it requires a pretty special set of circumstances. I had my tag browser on a second monitor, and when that second monitor was disconnected, I could no longer see the tag browser when I launched it.

Basically, it seems that windows such as the tag browser have window settings and locations saved, however there is no check to see if that window is actually on the screen when you launch it. Because of this, it effectively breaks the tag browser.

The only way I've found to fix it was to uninstall all of the productivity versions I had installed. If this happens again, where is this data stored?

Originally posted by sparkie View Post
    I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, and it requires a pretty special set of circumstances. I had my tag browser on a second monitor, and when that second monitor was disconnected, I could no longer see the tag browser when I launched it.

Basically, it seems that windows such as the tag browser have window settings and locations saved, however there is no check to see if that window is actually on the screen when you launch it. Because of this, it effectively breaks the tag browser.

The only way I've found to fix it was to uninstall all of the productivity versions I had installed. If this happens again, where is this data stored?
    I usually change resolution long enough th grab the window. Maybe this can work for you. I do not know where the window locations are stored.

Comment

Thanks for the information. For some reason this wouldn't work, but like I said, my setup is a bit different. I was using a VMWare feature to extend the guest OS to both monitors in full screen mode. This caused the software to nearly lock up, so I set it back as soon as I was able. Then the screen was gone. If I knew where the settings were stored, and it happened again, I could just delete the settings.

Comment

Working...
      X