Unknown CPU Fault P1K

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unknown CPU Fault P1K

I am using 2 slightly different P1K CPU's. One is of Rev A and the other is Rev B. I will start with the list of problems with Rev B since that is where my problem originally started. Both of these CPU's have the EXACT same code downloaded to them and are both being supported under the latest firmware revision (1.2.7.37). Both CPU's contain a good battery.

My RS-485 port is connected to a GS1 motor Drive using a Modbus RTU protocol, 19.2k baud rate, CPU is node address 1 and GS1 is node address 2, Parity is Odd, Data bits of 8, and Stop bit of 1. The GS1 Drive is the only device connected to the RS-485 port.

Rev B CPU:
    1. On Pwr Cycle my RS-485 comms attempts to start but fails to communicate. Note: I have power cycled this machine numerous times without a problem. The Comms instructions that are used have not changed even before this problem arose.

2. No errors or abnormal event history are shown.

3. The CPU retains Date & Time.

Rev A CPU:
    1. On Pwr Cycle the CPU briefly attempts to go into Run mode only to immediately go into Stop mode.

2. After cycling the Run/Stop switch the CPU goes into Run mode successfully and all code and comms instructions work properly.

3. If you PWR cycle the CPU again the CPU does exactly the same as stated on #1.

4. During all of this, the CPU will not retain the Date & Time.

5. The event history only shows the system started with the firmware version and the switching of the run/stop switch. The error history shows a Critical Error of E01802- System SRAM Err ID_User, E01802- System SRAM Err ID_System, E01802- System SRAM Err ID_FW IntE
    Last edited by qurk93; 06-04-2019, 09:44 AM.

Please contact our technical support team on these two issues. Please go online with both cpu's are create a system report for each. Send these into tech support.
    If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

Have you tried using the RS485 port ready bit (MST-0.0.0.35) from the cpu hardware config to keep your modbus instructions from becoming active until the port is ready on power up?

Comment

Originally posted by P3K_ADC_Eng View Post
        Please contact our technical support team on these two issues. Please go online with both cpu's are create a system report for each. Send these into tech support.
        I have done this and made an inquiry.

Comment

Originally posted by techme View Post
          Have you tried using the RS485 port ready bit (MST-0.0.0.35) from the cpu hardware config to keep your modbus instructions from becoming active until the port is ready on power up?
          Yes, I have done exactly that. It is part of my code now.

Comment

1) Does the port ready bit go true?
            2) What do the status bits in your MRX/MWX instructions do?
            3) What do the tx/rx lights on the RS485 port do?

Comment

Originally posted by techme View Post
              1) Does the port ready bit go true?
              2) What do the status bits in your MRX/MWX instructions do?
              3) What do the tx/rx lights on the RS485 port do?
              1) The port ready does go true.
              2) The status bits change once but never changed after that. I got an in progress, a complete, and success all once but never again after. The MWX/MRX is set to Autopoll but all at different times.
              3) On PWR up the tx/rx lights blink once maybe twice but then never again after that.

Like I said in the original post, this code for these comms has not changed for months. This just happened a couple of days ago on an initial pwr up.

Comment

Like I said in the original post, this code for these comms has not changed for months. This just happened a couple of days ago on an initial pwr up.
                I understand that, just trying to ask questions to help troubleshoot.

Does the plc power up with other equipment?
                Can you power everything else and then turn on power for the plc after everything else is powered up?
                Have you tried switching any of the instructions to manual poll and triggered manually to see if it is something to do with the autopoll feature? (Again just another troubleshooting point.)

Comment

Yes the PLC does power with other equipment. There are 2 Rhino 24V Power Supplies, a Stride Ethernet Switch, a C-more micro, the GS1 that has been described and a SureServo Drive. I tried doing as you suggested by powering up everything else then the PLC but I have had no success. I also did the opposite and powered the PLC first but the problem then moved to my Sureservo Comms through RS-232 not working at the start. If I remove the SureServo from power then power the control cabinet powering everything else I get my 485 comms back but once I initialize power to the drive I never regain my 232 comms.

Comment

Working...
                  X