PxK Network Read/Write instructions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PxK Network Read/Write instructions

Assuming that I have a limited dataset to read/write will I encounter issues if I have several read and/or write instructions active simultaneously?

I have one master and six nodes on an ethernet network.
    If I have one to six RX instructions (reading FIVE bools and THREE 32-bit words) simultaneously triggered, and then have one to six WX instructions (ONE Bool and ONE 32-bit word) OR have one to six WX instructions (ONE Bool) become active, is the ethernet stack capable of doing this successfully?
    I would answer this question myself, but I haven't progressed to that point yet. I have not completed the first node's comms yet.

The six RX instructions, are reading operation status from the slaves.
    The one or more WX instructions (ONE bool, ONE 32-bit) are writing start commands and cycle time values.
    The one or more WX instructions (ONE bool) are writing stop commands.

I intend to do an interlock/error counting routine in the finished product, but for a make-do test, can this approach work reliably?

I would suggest using ProNet (topic P281) to publish and subscribe your data instead of WX & RX instructions. ProNet uses UDP while RX/WX using TCP.
    If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

Originally posted by P3K_ADC_Eng View Post
      I would suggest using ProNet (topic P281) to publish and subscribe your data instead of WX & RX instructions. ProNet uses UDP while RX/WX using TCP.
      Thanks for the input.
      I would like to, but the targets (P3-550) are running 1.9.2.0.
      I know the devils in 1.9.2.0. Until I get comfortable with the devils in later versions, I am stuck at there.

Comment

Ok. No problem. You should have no issues with the RX/WX configuration you mentioned.
        If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

Working...
        X