Missing Analog Module

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing Analog Module

I am new to the Productivity products and the software. Building a retrofit for an industrial food processing machine to yank out a failed AB PLC. I need both 0-10 Volt and 4-20 mA analog inputs. I used the P1-04ADL-2 (0-10 V) with no issues once I realized I needed an external 24 VDC source. While attempting to add the P1-04ADL-1 (0-20 mA), I cannot put the PLC into RUN, because of a critical CPU error. Log says "missing module." I can remove it from the hardware setup and save/run OK. It certainly looks like I have a bad module (new), but I wanted to be sure I am not missing anything. I assume as long as the module has power (OK at pins 1+ and 6-) and is added into the hardware setup, it should be seen. Any ideas?

Does it discover when you do a Read System configuration in the Hardware Configuration screen? If no then it is likely a bad module.

Comment

Check that the modules do not have any bent/damaged pins on the mating connectors on the side.
      They do ship in plastic bags, so there is no real protection from shipping damage.

Comment

The module in the rack needs to be in the same order as they way it is listed in the program. If your 4-20ma card is in slot 2 on the rack it needs to be in slot 2 in the software.

Comment

Thanks for the prompt responses. I moved all my modules out and installed only the suspect one under a new project. The same thing happens. It worries me a bit that this could be bad from day one, but that seems to be the verdict. I will order another and see what happens.

Comment

In the manual the card has a thirty-day money-back guarantee and a two-year limited replacement. E-mail tech support i am sure they will make it write.

Comment

Working...
            X