Latest P3K Software and Firmware UPdates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest P3K Software and Firmware UPdates

I've loaded the newest version of P3K version 3.5.0.16 and firmware version 20190606 and have had constant issues with RUNTIME DOWN LOADING. I have to go to stop mode and sometimes have trouble doing that. I get these error codes ( E04309 internal firmware project loader failure and E01100 Timer Create CHONK_RX ) I have never ever had issues with upgrades before this one. Scratching my head. Has anyone else had these issues and have it figured out. I have got to get this working correctly. I do multiple runtime adjusts every day.

Can you please go online with the cpu and create a system report? Then call our tech support line and send this in to them.
    If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

E04309 Don't recall this error code. There are 12 error codes with the same description - neither is really descriptive

E01100 Yeah. Common issue. Still.
      This issue was ADDRESSED in version 3.2.3.3.

Comment

P3K_ADC_Eng--- I have sent system report to ADC yesterday the 24th of June 2019. No answers of this writing. However when talking with ADC Tech Support they wanted me to clear the USB pen drive I have in the CPU for data logging and try again. Why would that have anything to do with this issue.

Comment

Originally posted by jparker View Post
          I do multiple runtime adjusts every day.
          Can you give any detail on what you mean by 'runtime adjusts?'
          Is it possible that whatever you are changing in this 'runtime adjust' can be made into a variable that can be a simple 'data adjust' and not require a project transfer?

Comment

It can be something as simple as a control bit from n.o to n.c. or changing scaling for measuring RPM. most things need a download. I just had to make a scaling to read motor current on this project. First I removed the pen drive and erased all files under LOGs and reinserted the pen drive and it down loaded fine. I have hard time believing that was the issue because my simulator in my office has the same issue but has no pen drive installed

Comment

I have never kept a usb stick in any of my P3K cpus. ( [P3K] I have crashed the cpu inserting/removing a usb stick - even following the bit manipulation protocol!)
              [P1K] I have seen the TIMER CREATE CHUNK blah blah error. Have had to cycle power, retry download.
              [P1K] I have seen the CPU go RUN/STOP/RUN during a runtime transfer.
              [P1K] I have lost hard-coded values and had watchdog timeouts during/after runtime transfers

I can't say for sure, but I would think that techsupport just wants any/all info to drive towards the cause. I wouldn't think that the usb stick would be the problem, just circumstantial info.

Comment

P3K_ADC_Eng , why were the colored block fills removed? IE, timer blocks were light green, data copy were tan, math was yellow, etc. Now they're all white. :\

That was incredibly helpful if you're just scanning through code looking for a particular instruction. Yes, block fills are checked in options.

Comment

Do you have the [ ]Enable Coloring ticked in the Instructions Pane? It may be available elsewhere (I didn't find another way to turn it on))

[EDIT Right click on an instruction category header (one that has a colored box in it) in the instruction list. Look for the Enable Coloring checkbox)]
                  Another way to find a specific instruction is the Instruction Search tab in the Find/Replace dialog.
                  Last edited by kewakl; 06-26-2019, 06:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kewakl View Post
                    Do you have the [ ]Enable Coloring ticked in the Instructions Pane? It may be available elsewhere (I didn't find another way to turn it on))

[EDIT Right click on an instruction category header (one that has a colored box in it) in the instruction list. Look for the Enable Coloring checkbox)]
                    Another way to find a specific instruction is the Instruction Search tab in the Find/Replace dialog.
                    Nope, I certainly didn't. I didn't even know that was an option! Never would I have ever guessed that there would be a reason to right click on them. Thanks kewakl!

Comment

Working...
                    X