Pending Data Change Lock Up in Data View

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pending Data Change Lock Up in Data View

I am using a P1-540 on Ver 3.5.0.16 software with ver 1.2.8.25 firmware.

I am able to "lock-up" my Array of integers by creating a new Data View instead of clicking the Send Edits but in the Data View window.

First I made a change inside my array of integers then instead of pressing Send Edits(Waldo Hat) I accidentally pressed Add Data View.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-06-28 (4).png
Views:	202
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	123654

After the new Data View was made I could no longer Send the pending edits even if they were changed.
    I tried going into Stop Mode and transferring the project, removing the program from and Reinstalling into the PLC, restarting the software, and even a Power Cycle, nothing allowed me to make the change to the array tag.

Name:	2019-06-28 (5).png
Views:	109
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	123655

Then, after going to the new data view that was created I can place the same integer array here and my changes can once again be made but I still can not make changes to that array inside of the original data view that it was placed in.

Name:	2019-06-28 (7).png
Views:	110
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	123656

Duplicated with P1-540 SW 3.5.0.16/FW 1.2.8.25
    Duplicated with P1-540 SW 3.5.0.16/FW 1.2.7.37 -- so it does not appear to be firmware related

Could not duplicate using P1-540 SW 3.4.0.16/FW 1.2.7.37

In a dataview tab, if a tag has a pending edit when the Add DataView button is clicked, that dataview fails to send data.
    Other array datatypes suffer from this. I tested boolean, float and string arrays - all fail to write after clicking on the Add DataView button while a pending edit has not been written.
    It does not matter the array datatype that has a pending edit when the Add DataView button is clicked - all 'ARRAY' sends fail in this dataview.

If no pending edit/new dataview conflicts have happened - all edits can be sent.
    If ANY tag (array or non-array) has an edit pending and the new dataview button is clicked, no array data can be sent - but the single integer tag data CAN be sent.

It seems that references to arrays get lost when the Add DataView button is clicked while an edit is pending.

[edit change to Add DataView]

Follow up, after the aforementioned issue inhibits the sending of array data, AutoEdit send STILL DOES WORK!
    Last edited by kewakl; 06-28-2019, 10:45 AM.

Comment

We can also duplicate the issue. I have entered a trouble ticket to our development team.
      If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

Just made another find on the problem that I have stated above.

Losing the ability to make a change to a numeric entry does not seem to only happen within arrays. I have seen that it will also "Lock Up" my STMR Structure Numeric Tag. I have not tried this with all structure types.

Click image for larger version  Name:	2019-07-11_LI.jpg Views:	0 Size:	133.2 KB ID:	123874
        If going through the same process stated above and if you have a structure in the original Data View Tab you will also lose the ability to change those numeric tags that are in the structure as well.

Comment

This has been flagged as an issue. This has been fixed and software is in final QA.
          If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

New 3.5.1.2 is now available on the store that fixes this issue.

Comment

Working...
            X