Ghost CPU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghost CPU

I went out on a service call yesterday to solve a problem with an EA9 series C-More, and a Productivity 2000 PLC. I connected my laptop to the PLC. The CPU came right up and I began connecting to it. When trying to load the project from the CPU, that's when the message came up "Project File does not exist". I then started changing the mode of the CPU to Stop and back to RUN to be sure I was connected. There was no project file, no tag names, and not even a Hardware Configuration. However there where Outputs (Discrete and Analog) being controlled through the HMI in manual mode. So something for a project was inside the CPU. The system will not operate on it's own in Auto mode. Not knowing what exactly what was causing this dilemma I chose not to try anything for risk of losing everything. The system was built by a company that quickly went belly up. There is no backup Project File to be had.
    Does anyone know what the issue is here? How I can fix it or get around it to recover the project file? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

It's happened to me on a P2K, twice. You need to update the firmware of your base. Go to THIS webpage. I used the P2-All-In-One file, as it has firmware for all P2K parts; base, CPUs, and specialty modules. Your base should be running 1.0.16.0.
    Why worry? If you've done the best you can, worrying won't make it any better

- Walt Disney

Comment

Todd, just to confirm, this firmware upgrade is for the BASE ONLY -- NOT the CPU!
      If OP does a CPU upgrade, the program will be lost.

Comment

Originally posted by kewakl View Post
        Todd, just to confirm, this firmware upgrade is for the BASE ONLY -- NOT the CPU!
        If OP does a CPU upgrade, the program will be lost.
        Yes, just the base.

Edit: I just did a project with a 4-slot base and AD was sure it had 1.0.16.0 installed to it. Nope, it had 1.0.15.0.
        Last edited by Todd Dice; 07-14-2019, 04:57 PM.

- Walt Disney

Comment

If the base needs a firmware upgrade how would it have been working previously before magically deciding to quit?

Comment

Todd's first (I think first) issue was a card not being recognized after a power up, so, yes... it could have been a fully functioning project that just failed.
            I cannot say that this will fix your issue, but it is known that 1.0.15.0 had at least one show-stopping problem that showed itself AFTER a project was functional.

Comment

Originally posted by kewakl View Post
              Todd's first (I think first) issue was a card not being recognized after a power up, so, yes... it could have been a fully functioning project that just failed.
              I cannot say that this will fix your issue, but it is known that 1.0.15.0 had at least one show-stopping problem that showed itself AFTER a project was functional.
              Yes.

Two separate projects, two very different applications, both with 4-slot bases. One had been running for over a year, the other just 3-days.

- Walt Disney

Comment

Working...
              X