Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PID Tuning not showing PIDs

This is a quick one.

Latest version of Productivity Suite, In the PID Tuning Window PIDs are no longer listed in the "Select PID" drop down. Only way to view them is to go directly to the PID in ladder and right click "PID Tuning"

Is this a project that was created in an earlier version? I have been working with this version and I do not see an issue, but I created this project with 3.5.1.2. I have not tried open a project created with an earlier version. I can duplicate if I do not put a name in the "Loop Name" field. Actually that is exactly what it does if I do not put text in the "Loop Name" field of the PID instruction. When you open the pid tuning window from the instruction does the tab at the top of the pid tuning window have a name on it or just an "x"?

Comment

It is roughly a 2 year old project, with 6-8 PIDs, they previously showed up and they are all named. Attached is an image showing the PID w/ name behind the PID tuning window showing none. Click image for larger version

Name:	pid.png
Views:	105
Size:	9.0 KB
ID:	124394

Comment

Yup... I can't dupe that.
        1) When you open the pid tuning window from the instruction does the tab at the top of the pid tuning window have a name on it or just an "x"? ( PID tuning window when you right click PID instruction and choose "PID Tuning")
        2) What happens when you create a new PID that was not in the older project? ( Just wondering if it is something in the project conversion between sw versions)

Comment

Originally posted by Towlie03 View Post
          It is roughly a 2 year old project, with 6-8 PIDs, they previously showed up and they are all named. Attached is an image showing the PID w/ name behind the PID tuning window showing none.
          Have you updated FW/SW, maybe one of the versions buggered the tags names/links
          There have been a couple versions with array/struct problems.

Comment

There have been a couple versions with array/struct problems.
            Yeh, I thought there was an issue with one version doing this exact thing if you made the structure and the loop name the same, but I tried this and it did not seem to cause a problem with this version. I do remember something like this in a previous version, but too much water under the bridge since then.
            Last edited by IMNCTRL; 08-01-2019, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Everything is updated FW/SW

Comment

Can you go online and create a system report and send this into our technical support team? We can then pass this to our QA team for further investigation. Thanks.
                If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

Sending it now, but this is happening across multiple PLCs, some only show a partial list.

Comment

And tech support told me to send the system report directly to you?

Comment

Hey Towlie03 I spoke with technical support this morning and they will be reaching back out to you for the system report. Sorry for the confusion on this one.
                      If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

We are able to duplicate this issue and have reported to our development team.

Workaround: edit the PID Loop name, you only have to edit one letter, click OK and the loop will now display in the PID tuning screen. Then go back and enter the original name and it will correct the issue.

Comment

To add to this bug. If I leave the PID tuning window on a second screen in dual monitor mode, and then shut my laptop and re-open it with the second screen now unplugged, I can no longer open the PID tuning window as I believe it is still stuck on a now non existent screen.

Comment

Originally posted by Towlie03 View Post
                            To add to this bug. If I leave the PID tuning window on a second screen in dual monitor mode, and then shut my laptop and re-open it with the second screen now unplugged, I can no longer open the PID tuning window as I believe it is still stuck on a now non existent screen.
                            Yes. Window position sanity checking needs to be better implemented across multiple AD SW product families.

Comment

Working...
                            X