Four P3-550 CPUs Err E02204 this week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Four P3-550 CPUs Err E02204 this week

Any ideas? Could have been power outage related but 2 CPUs have individual UPS , 2 do not.
    All four on same ethernet network.

It's funny you posted that. I just logged on in hope of finding a similar solution.

I have a P3k system with a 550 CPU and 2 remote slaves. One is a P3-RS while the other is a P3-RX. (Three GS3 drives as well, but haven't had trouble with them)

System is 8 years old, but running fine until about a month ago, it gave a remote base comm error.

So far I have updated CPU firmware, ran a new ethernet cable to the base that I thought was causing trouble and put in a new ethernet switch. It will run for several hours, then out of nowhere will put the PAC in stop with E02204 and E02206 in a random combination of the two remote bases. Sometimes both, other times just one.

Comment

We had our first P3 install do this. But we were getting E2204 errors. We ended up powering the network switch for the remotes with it's own DC power supply. Problem when away so we have done this on all projects with P3. I can not find E02204 or E02206 in the error codes in the manual? The E0xxxxxx codes start at E03000.

Comment

Originally posted by daakers View Post
        We had our first P3 install do this. But we were getting E2204 errors. We ended up powering the network switch for the remotes with it's own DC power supply. Problem when away so we have done this on all projects with P3. I can not find E02204 or E02206 in the error codes in the manual? The E0xxxxxx codes start at E03000.
        The text is 'base comm err G000B01,' and this cpu has a no remote bases, so I took it to mean that the cpu could not comm with the base controller.
        But, I will have to try this. Thanks

Comment

I think I solved my issue. The error code's showed that the remote base's weren't communicating and eventually the remote base would go into stop mode. All along I was thinking it had to be something with the remote bases, the ethernet cables as they travel outside between bases or the ether net switch.

The ethernet switch is mounted right next to the main base with a 12" factory made ethernet cable connecting it. Swappping that cable seemed to help. The flashing pattern of lights on the ethernet switch sped up immediately. We'll see how long it lasts.

Comment

I spoke too soon. It worked better for a few days, but still the same 2204 and 2206 error's on multiple bases.

Comment

Please go online with the CPU and create a system report. Then contact our technical support team.
              If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

Sent a SysRep.

Comment

Working...
                X