• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garry, I need to allocate time to view.
    Thank you!

Comment

Thanks, Kewakl
      I finished this series before I started the C-More. This was about 3 months ago. I thought that beginners would find this interesting.
      Garry

Comment

Originally posted by Garry View Post
        Thanks, Kewakl
        I finished this series before I started the C-More. This was about 3 months ago. I thought that beginners would find this interesting.
        Garry
        I know that you have put a lot of effort into these videos.
        You may not know that the P1 (with an upgraded power supply and firmware/software [3.5.0.16]) can support up to 15 I/O cards.

Comment

Thanks,
          I did not realize that. I thought that this was just on the new CPU unit.
          Garry

Comment

Originally posted by kewakl View Post

I know that you have put a lot of effort into these videos.
            You may not know that the P1 (with an upgraded power supply and firmware/software [3.5.0.16]) can support up to 15 I/O cards.
            would you happen to know if when powering a P1-540 with an external 24V power supply with the terminals on the bottom of the P1 can i still use 15 I/O cards.

Comment

I don't know. I have not yet used that SW/FW version.
              If you attempt, please report back. I do not know if the CPU knows any difference between which PSU/port you use.
              Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by z28z34man View Post

would you happen to know if when powering a P1-540 with an external 24V power supply with the terminals on the bottom of the P1 can i still use 15 I/O cards.
                I would assume so. I dont see why AD would make separate circuit paths that dont connect to each other from the side terminals to the bottom. That would cost more and just wouldnt make sense. Just make sure your power supply is large enough to handle the extra cards. The upgraded supply is 33W, so the cheap $29 PSB24-060-P should handle it perfectly well. Though if you are sharing the power supply with IO (which isnt recommended for power spike reasons with io coils opening, but is still doable) then you should probably go with the larger 120w PSV24-120S

Comment

Originally posted by MikeN View Post

I would assume so. I dont see why AD would make separate circuit paths that dont connect to each other from the side terminals to the bottom. That would cost more and just wouldnt make sense. Just make sure your power supply is large enough to handle the extra cards. The upgraded supply is 33W, so the cheap $29 PSB24-060-P should handle it perfectly well. Though if you are sharing the power supply with IO (which isnt recommended for power spike reasons with io coils opening, but is still doable) then you should probably go with the larger 120w PSV24-120S

It isn't relay specified in any manuals about max card count with an external power supply. I would think it would be the same circuity but there could be an extra diode in there to protect against hooking the power supply backwards and it could have a forward current limit.

Comment

Yes you can have 15 modules as long as the power supply is greater than 26W

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1CPU.PNG
Views:	112
Size:	137.1 KB
ID:	124889

Comment

Awesome. I currently do not need that much IO on a P1 system but is nice to know it is there if I do.

Comment

Working...
                      X