Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Productivity: Move or copy a memory block according to its physical memory location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Productivity: Move or copy a memory block according to its physical memory location

Is there a way to move a memory block in programming regardless to the tagnames?
    for example, move S16-00001~10 to S16-01001~10.
    Further question, move C-00001~64 to S16-02001~4;
    More further, move DI.0.1.1.1~32 to S1603001~2.

I meant not filling all the fields of the COPY instruction.
    Last edited by AlecTek; 09-03-2019, 09:56 AM.

Hi AlecTek,
    I'm not sure that I understand exactly why you want to do this. The tag names are used to define the memory area.
    Pack Bits, Pack Words, Unpack Bits, Unpack Words and Copy are generally all you need.
    Do you have a specific application?

Regards,
    Garry
    Connect with us on Facebook: facebook.com/accautomation/

Comment

Hello Garry,

I am programming a computer and it will log 2000-3000 tags from the PLC. I know the pack unpack and copy instructions can do the job, but it just has no sense I fill all those instruction fields with the tag names. I am thinking if I can move all the memories to one big array (unint[3000]), and the computer logs the array. As to the tagname in the computer, i can export the tagname csv file and create a list and save for the computer use. I think I could save a lot of time in this way.

BTW, Productivity needs to improve the searching box - Ctrl-F, the searching box is not focused. The box has to be clicked before filling the searching tags. Seems 2 seconds, but I always have started typing before I found it not entered.

Regards,

Alec

Comment

Hi Alec,
        That is a lot of tags. What about assigning consecutive Modbus addresses to each of the tag names that you want to read from the computer. You would still have to break this up into several reads to get all of the information from the tags.
        A program like AdvancedHMI is free and could read the values and place them into a database easily. I personally would not choose to use CSV files. A database would be more suitable for logging and retrieving the information.
        https://accautomation.ca/productivit...communication/

Good point with the search function. Having Ctlf+F automatically set the focus for the input would be nice.

Thanks,
        Garry

Comment

Garry, I don't think that alec said that he was using a .csv to store logged data, just to export file for the connection of tagname to a modbus address for his program to use externally.

Too bad AD doesn't publish the memory map of PxK for us to use. Even a .dll with usage docs would help (think Borg_Modbus_$$$.dll for CMore).
          They need to protect the revenue streams for HMI and scada-type apps they sell.
          Perhaps they could open up the HEADLESS HMI for this kind of use. - think something like the RedLion DSP
          Last edited by kewakl; 09-04-2019, 06:10 AM.

Comment

Hi Kewakl,
            I was thinking the same thing about the HEADLESS HMI for this kind of use. Using FTP into the HMI to pull the CSV data from the unit onto the server using a batch file.
            Similar to this post.
            https://accautomation.ca/horner-xl4-...otocol-server/
            Regards,
            Garry

Comment

Hi Alec,

In regards to the Ctrl+F focus problem, I've ended up making 'Ctrl+F, Tab, Tab' my shortcut habit so I can keep my hands off the mouse. I agree that a ton of focus issues need to be fixed in PSuite, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Frontier View Post
                Hi Alec,

In regards to the Ctrl+F focus problem, I've ended up making 'Ctrl+F, Tab, Tab' my shortcut habit so I can keep my hands off the mouse. I agree that a ton of focus issues need to be fixed in PSuite, though.
                Very similar to my CLICK search 'shortcut'. CTRL-F TAB.
                Funny that a short cut is as long as no shortcut.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the tips and the discussing of the questions.

A little more of my project: I do use ModbusTCP, but the PLC tags already have modbustcp addresses setup for communication between PLCs, not quite time saving to read one by one because they are not continuous. But it seems there is no way I can do the memory move.

I am curious about Borg_Modbus_$$$.dll for CMore, kewakl, could you give me more information about it. I like C-more, simple, easy, reliable, but after a long time of repetitive clicking entering of each field, I got tired of it. Now I am thinking about replacing c-more with AdvancedHMI.

Thanks,

Alec

Comment

Originally posted by AlecTek View Post
                    I am curious about Borg_Modbus_$$$.dll for CMore, kewakl, could you give me more information about it. I like C-more, simple, easy, reliable, but after a long time of repetitive clicking entering of each field, I got tired of it. Now I am thinking about replacing c-more with AdvancedHMI.

Thanks,

Alec
                    That was a poke at AD. CMore software uses two files for the 'driver' to communicate with the PxK family of CPUs.
                    For Ethernet - Borg_Modbus_TCP.dll and for serial Borg_Modbus_RTU.dll. The $$$ were wildcards for TCP/RTU

It would be nice if we could have access to this library for our use. A paid license may be acceptable to some of us.
                    As of now, this is not a user option outside of the CMore software.

Without access to the borg libs in the .dll files, AdvancedHMI would require (IMO) more clicking because then YOU would have to assign modbus addresses to your desired tags and correlate all user-defined modbus addresses in the PxK to objects in AHMI.

Comment

Working...
                    X