MSG instruction stopped working.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSG instruction stopped working.

I have an Allen Bradley controllogix PLC writing to a P1000 with a MSG instruction. It was working properly for months but now the MSG instruction has a error code 16#0001 with an extension code 16#0000_0204 and the heart beat i have programmed in isn't transferring.

Do any of you have any ideas. I can go online with both PLCs so I don't think it is a network issue

My AB memory is failing. Is CLX/P1K over ethernet? if so, power cycle the P1K. I have seen the P3K seem like it gets glogged -- power cycle resolved. Stop/RUN would NOT resolve.

Comment

yes it is over Ethernet and it is an explicit unconnected message.

Comment

A power down reset on the P1000 did solve the problem. I have a heart beat timers set up in the Controllogix PLC and have the P1000 watching the heart beat which is how i found them not communicating. Is there anything in the P1000 I can look at if it stops communicating again to see if I can find root cause.

Comment

thread
          I was never able to find a 'cause.' I never could reliably reproduce this issue - however - it has reared it head occasionally.
          The listed thread never had a response. I would like to think ( 4-1/2 years ago - I forget.) that I did talk with tech support - to no avail.

Comment

Working...
          X