P2-550 Crash and died after firmware update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P2-550 Crash and died after firmware update

I had another P2-550 die shortly after updating the firmware, P2-All_In_One_20191010.adfw. The CPU was purchased in Sept and was only being used at my desk for testing currently deployed ladder code. The base is a four slot with only the CPU. I have been using it for the last couple of weeks with no issues until today after updating the firmware. After the update everything was normal and the current project previously loaded before the FW update started and ran ok, but right after I did a runtime transfer the software came back with a fault saying the project was corrupt. I couldn't do another transfer so I tried power resetting the PAC and the CPU display showed "Booting" along with a spinning pinwheel then it displayed "Service Mode" And that was it. I can restart the CPU and AD support said its dead send it back. Now normally I would just go ahead and send it back but this is the third time in 12 months this has happened to me on different systems. I just want to know if anyone else has had this issue?

Are you transferring firmware over USB or ethernet?
    When you update the firmware, did you verify it says you are on the new version?

Comment

Here

Comment

I always update the firmware over ethernet never use usb.

Comment

It's likely due the firmware of your 4-slot rack.

How do I know this? Because it's happened to me, twice! For some reason, the 4-slot racks have been bypassed with the latest firmware, likely due to - my guess - not being very popular. In those cases, the CPU came up as if there was NO code, despite working fine prior. I just did another install with 4-slot rack, and did the firmware update BEFORE downloading the PLC code. No issues after.
          Why worry? If you've done the best you can, worrying won't make it any better

- Walt Disney

Comment

Okay, I will give that a try nextime. Thanks for your response.

Comment

Well it happened again??? Except this time no firmware update just transferred the project from the cpu to my laptop via ethernet and added a tag to the project then did a runtime transfer back to the cpu and poof. Keeps saying the project file is corrupt.

Comment

Recommend you call into our technical support team 1-800-633-0405. First create a system report before you call they will want this information. Then they will be able to forward this to our Engineering team for further evaluation.

Comment

Working...
                X