P3-550 50% price increase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kewakl View Post

Yeah, I know. Buy a lamp for a PV550. A lamp, not the integrated backlight. The last time I checked it was north of $200.
    We have one customer who has legacy AB PLCs, and we use EBay to get him parts.
    Why worry? If you've done the best you can, worrying won't make it any better

- Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by kewakl View Post
      Jan 2018 price $799
      Nov 2019 price $1155

I think that you may have just priced this out of my consideration.
      Intended consequence?

[edit] from this undated document : the price was $827
      Come on over to Do-More land -- the water's fine!

Comment

Originally posted by ControlsGuy View Post

We've had this discussion

We are considering using P1K for controls and 'comms' to another platform L a b j a c k (oem variants) for analog in. We have a Proof of Concept build that seems to work well.
        We have enough usage/life data to have a comfort level with these devices.
        For a comparably configured system, considering the new pricing scheme, I can shave stupid cost off the hardware alone. -- and get updates at whatever speed scantime and ethernet allows, instead of the ~112mS update of the P3-16AD-2 -- and higher resolution -- all if needed.

Comment

Originally posted by ControlsGuy View Post

You and PLCNut have been strong advocates of DoMore and there have been moments when I wished I could, but their outputs just can't handle much current (1/2-amp @ 24VDC) so that's been the stumbling block. I build packaging machines, and for some systems, using a relay output module is not an option due to our ability to reach the mechanical life of the relay module in 2-years time.
          Why worry? If you've done the best you can, worrying won't make it any better

- Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Dice View Post
            You and PLCNut have been strong advocates of DoMore and there have been moments when I wished I could, but their outputs just can't handle much current (1/2-amp @ 24VDC) so that's been the stumbling block. I build packaging machines, and for some systems, using a relay output module is not an option due to our ability to reach the mechanical life of the relay module in 2-years time.
            While it potentially adds a lot to the cost of building a machine, they do make solid state signal relays that let you use higher current devices:
            https://www.mcmaster.com/8299K12

AD sells something similar, but they take up twice as much space and cost twice as much. Though they do have even higher current ratings:
            https://www.automationdirect.com/adc...-hssr815-dc-05
            https://www.automationdirect.com/adc...-hssr808-dc-15
            Last edited by MikeN; 11-05-2019, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X