Productivity Suite on Windows XP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Productivity Suite on Windows XP

I have an older machine still running XP with a P3000 CPU from circa 2010. Anyone know what is the most recent version of Productivity suite I can install?

It's on the list to upgrade to Win10, but can't do it right now.

Thanks

Try the latest one and see if it works?

Comment

Thought about it, but the minimum requirements show below and I'll have limited time to make it work.
      If it works, then great, but if it doesn't then it'll make for a really long weekend.
      Just wondering if anyone can confirm what will work before I try it.

Minimum System Requirements:

Hardware
      • Processor: 1Ghz
      • Memory: 2GB (4 GB recommended)
      • Storage: 1.2GB free space
      • Video: No requirement specified.
      • Other: USB or Ethernet port for project transfer on P3-550, P2-550, P1-550 & P1-540 Ethernet only for project transfer on P3-530 & P3-550E. **Version 2.0.0.x or higher RAM = 2 GB memory (4 GB recommended) **Version 1.10 or lower RAM = 512MB free Ram (1GB recommended).

Operating Systems
      • Windows 10
      • Windows 8.1 - 64 bit
      • Windows 8.1 - 32 bit
      • Windows 8 - 64 bit
      • Windows 8 - 32 bit
      • Windows 7 - 64 bit
      • Windows 7 - 32 bit

Comment

It also depends on the exact CPU. A P3-550E will require one of the V2 software, while the original P3-550 (without the E suffix) can support a V1.x.
        Do you know what version was used to develop the current project?

It may be best for you to contact AD TechSupport and ask directly.

Comment

The current station has version 1.4 on it. I spoke with Tech support and according to there documentation I can go up to version 2.1 with XP.

Comment

SW V1.4.1.1 has a showstopping bug if you use modbus read/write to other PxK CPU's so, yeah, go up a bit.

from my experience:
            If you have any experience with 1.4.1.1, you WILL notice a slowdown in load/save/transfer times. I assume that this is from a bit more code checking at these times.
            1.5, 1.6, 1.8 are NO-GO
            1.7.1.1 has gui issues if code has a large amount of array logic.
            1.9.2.0 is relative stable with two issues for me. Slow RS232 comms and unwanted dataview sending

TL;DR
            Somewhere in the 1.10 release timeframe some neat 'behind the scenes' comms protocols were introduced Ethernet/IP, ProNet...

Comment

Working...
            X