Trying to set 2 different times on same output with OR coil P1K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to set 2 different times on same output with OR coil P1K

I am trying to get a servo motor to run for 2 different times using a P1K with an OR coil but it is not working as planned. What needs to happen is if the prox sensor and optical sensor go high then the motor runs for a certain amount of time and if just the prox sensor goes high then the motor needs to run for a different amount of time. I tried using an "OR" coil but it seems that only the first rung "or" output will go high (prox sensor and optical sensor) and the next rung (prox sensor only) will not let the output go high. I tried using a one shot for one of the "Or" coils but that is not working either (I also need it to work multiple times, it is a colored cup on a conveyor application and the cups come numerous times). Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong or if there is a different way to attack this? Thank you in advance for your time.

Silly me... I set up a timer for the white cup sensors and a separate timer for the black cup sensors and simply did an IF/OR command for the motor...

Comment

Is this the same application as the steppers before with controlling them through ascii? Or a new, different servo motor you are controlling a different way?

Comment

Totally fell off the planet once the project was completed. Hi MikeN, yes this was the same project but a different section using a different motor (just sending a 24VDC signal for a set amount of time) this motor dispensed candy and the stepper controlled the position of the linear slide. It took a couple of extra days to flesh everything out but the little "candy dispensing machine cell" is up and running and the first "showpiece" of the WNC mechatronics program. I could not have hammered out the program without this awesome community and actually need to put the program up on this forum for review and comment as I am sure that there are things I could have done better. I am now working on a GS1 VFD operating a 1/2 HP AC motor test bench and am looking for some info on programming the VFD using the PK1. I have found all kinds of info on doing it with the Koyo Click but nothing with the PK1. If you know of any resources I am open to all info

Comment

There are a number of YouTube videos that cover different aspects of the Pxk series. Most videos are applicable to all three lines (1000, 2000 and 3000) with the exception of high speed and remote i/o (the 1000 has limitations in these areas).

Comment

Originally posted by Cliff T. View Post
            I am sure that there are things I could have done better.
            Sure, if you ever stop feeling this way, you are probably doing it incorrectly - sometimes the improvement is not worth the effort. Usually 'good enough' IS!

Comment

Originally posted by kewakl View Post
              ... sometimes the improvement is not worth the effort. Usually 'good enough' IS!
              Wow, you just described my marriage

Comment

Working...
              X