Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Usint the real-time clock in P1000 Processor.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Usint the real-time clock in P1000 Processor.

Is it possible to use the real time clock to initiate an action in the P1000 series software?
    I need to first move data from a counter and then reset the counter at the end of each production shift, I wan to use the PLC real time clock to automate this to keep the personnel from attempting to complete the action.
    Any help or sample code would be appreciated!
    Thanks in advance.

Yes.
    Use System tags : Clock Year, Clock Month, Clock Day, Clock Day of Week, Clock Hours, Clock Minutes and Clock Seconds - in whatever configuration you need.
    Be sure that you do not continuously keep your trigger enabled for the duration of your smallest time/date tag.

Code:
    .       Clock Day of Week     Clock Hours      Clock Minutes    Clock Seconds          Trigger
    .                1                   01               00               00              By Time
    .------------]=[------------------]=[--------------]=[--------------]=[----------------(^Set)
    Something like this to trigger Monday morning at 01:00:00.
    Trigger Once. When you have handled the event, reset the Trigger Tag.
    The help topic P239 describes these tags, especially Day of Week.
    [Edit change from 24hr to 12hr description]
    Last edited by kewakl; 12-10-2019, 08:22 AM.

Comment

I do it all the time and if you have a network time server there is a time sync instruction (TSYN) that can keep the PLCs real time clock in sync with the rest of the network.

Comment

Using time sync is a must to keep the PLCs clock drift from screwing with your timing after a while.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeN View Post
          Using time sync is a must to keep the PLCs clock drift from screwing with your timing after a while.
          Yes! It is bizarre that a cheap clock that runs on a AA battery more accurately keeps time than the one used in PxK processors.
          Why worry? If you've done the best you can, worrying won't make it any better

- Walt Disney

Comment

Thanks for all the assistance folks. I have my application up and running. Having to learn a new language here as I am an old Allen Bradley guy.
            Thanks Again!!!!
            Ray

Comment

Working...
            X