Ascii In (AIN) struct not sure what data format to display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ascii In (AIN) struct not sure what data format to display

I am attempting to make my power supply communications a bit more robust.
    I have some code that just bangs an address 'ADR 02', waits for the "OK" response, then bangs an output query 'OUT?' and waits for a response.
    I test for a valid response or timeout.
    So far, I get valid responses but after a bit of running, the data view struct entry for the OUT query goes from displaying "ON' or "OFF" to displaying "79 78" or "79 70 70" -- which is technically correct, but why does the displayed format change?
    I killed the software for unrelated reasons, and when I reconnected, the displayed format was correct again.

-- also, the "OK" response display format has never changed.

I have a P3-550, SW 3.4.0.16, FW 1.1.14.39
    talking with a TDK/Lambda GENH600-1.3 1/2U power supply over RS232 at 19.2kb

So the data view in Productivity software for the structure is what changes from showing the ascii to just showing the numbers that equal the ascii characters? Seems like a bug to me if it works for a while and then changes to numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeN View Post
      So the data view in Productivity software for the structure is what changes from showing the ascii to just showing the numbers that equal the ascii characters?
      Yes, exactly.
      I am running it again - checking reproducibility.

Comment

Aaaaaaaand??

Comment

Well, I was out for three weeks and have not turned my attention back to this one yet.

Comment

Originally posted by kewakl View Post
            Well, I was out for three weeks and have not turned my attention back to this one yet.
            That's no excuse! It's OK though, blame the 'small' woodland creature, haha

Comment

OK, powered it up again. The AIN 'destination' is showing 'OFF' or 'ON' in response to the 'OUT?' query. -- As I expect.
              I cycled the power to the TDK. Waited for it to be completely 'off.' Powered it up, the PAC project recovered - showing ON/OFF correctly.
              I cycled power to the PAC. On restart, I enabled the test again. - showing ON/OFF correctly

Comment

Now try click & dragging it to a dataview cell that was previously configured to display in Hex O.o

Comment

Working...
                X