SMOV Move Status decoding?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMOV Move Status decoding?

I am trying to send a Simple Move command via P3-HSO to a SureServo drive. When the command goes true I get a move status of 28672. Checking the help file only shows Move Status numbers between 1 and 32. I'm sure I'm missing something obvious but the stop/start weeks of the holidays tend to scramble my brain.

The status word is referring to bits. So it is bits 1-32. Each bit has a value. So if you have 28672 it looks like bit 13, 14, & 15 are on . From help file P162 this shows the Max Accel, Max Decel, and Max Velocity are out of range. Compare your values to the values set in the hardware config for the HSO.

Comment

Thanks. I'll dig into that.

Comment

I understand your question is about the actual status codes themselves, but is the reason you are asking because the SMOV is not moving the servo or something? If you are having trouble getting the move to do what you think it is supposed to be doing, could you post a screenshot of your ladder code and also your parameters for the SureServo drive?
        Last edited by MikeN; 01-06-2020, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Yes Mike, the reason I am asking is that I am having trouble getting the PLC to make the servo move. The move status codes are only a part of that problem though as I realize I cannot make the motor spin via the HS module test function despite the output going true.

Further relevant information- I am very green in this field. The machine I have been tasked with bringing up to an operable state is quite old and the controls were retrofitted a couple of years ago. I did not build this panel and continue to find missteps in its assembly.

I will surely be back with more questions after dig back into the wiring and can get the servo to spin via test.

Comment

Make sure that whatever servo drive you are using has its parameters set up for pulse train input mode, and that your pulse input type is set to what you are using in Productivity. Pulse Train accepts external pulses from a PLC to move, but even in this mode if your drive is set for quadrature but the HSO is set for step/direction it till wont work. Wiring could be good, but parameters may need changing on your setup

Comment

I meant to update this on Friday. I got it working after finally hunting down a couple of parameters that were incorrect. Thanks for the assistance.

Comment

I found that the windows calculator programming mode is nice to decode the status bit if you haven't already thought of that. All you have to do is enter the decimal number and change it to bit format.

Another method is using the Unpack Bits instruction. You can have each bit (1-32) assigned to a boolean tag and label it to the status it was throwing. Plus you can also use the tag in the ladder if you so choose.

Hope this was useful. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by mikes842 View Post
                  I found that the windows calculator programming mode is nice to decode the status bit if you haven't already thought of that. All you have to do is enter the decimal number and change it to bit format.

Another method is using the Unpack Bits instruction. You can have each bit (1-32) assigned to a boolean tag and label it to the status it was throwing. Plus you can also use the tag in the ladder if you so choose.

Hope this was useful. :-)
                  I will eventually tie the status into an object on the HMI. My issue was really just not realizing I needed to change the number from decimal to binary in the data view window.

Comment

Working...
                  X