PWM outputs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PWM outputs

Hello we run Productivity 3000 series in our plant and I'm just starting to learn programming. My question is what output modules can be used for PWM? I looked in the manual for our digital output modules we have on the shelf but I don't see ability specifically listed anywhere.

The P3-HSO is the module used for high speed output but I don't see anywhere in the configuration menu to specifically set it up for PWM. There might be a way to set it up through a combination of settings but I just don't see a direct way to do it. The Productivity 1000 has the P1-04PWM module which allows for direct setup of a PWM signal. The BRX PLC has the PWMOUT command which can be used to directly set-up PWM on units with high speed outputs built in. What specifically are you trying to do with PWM? There might be other alternatives to PWM depending on the application.

Comment

Currently we do not sell a PWM module for the P3 Series.

This is only offered in the P1 Series. The P1-04PWM is the only PWM module that is available.

Comment

What is the PWM controlling? Typically you see PLCs running stepper and servo motor type applications and the HSO module is great for this. It outputs a similar pulse train at a frequency you specify to do a motor move. I dont believe there is a way on P3k to modify the width of the pulses, but it will give you a frequency output. If you currently have P3k's in use and you are in fact using "PWM" on a device, I suspect that you dont actually need or use the pulse width part of PWM, rather just a frequency measurement to do whatever you need doing.

Comment

Working...
        X