Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NateInAlbany
    replied
    OK. With fresh eyes and a quad-shot of espresso this morning I found the issue. I had a second HSO channel set up from a previous revision that was writing to the same tag. Deleted that channel and all is well again.

Leave a comment:

• NateInAlbany
    replied
    Originally posted by Frontier View Post
    Any chance you're using the Z-input reset function? This could definitely cause the problem you're seeing by resetting your count on every turn of the encoder.
    I am not. I had actually considered that so I verified yesterday.

Leave a comment:

• NateInAlbany
    replied
    Originally posted by ADC_CommTeam02 View Post
    What version firmware are you running in both the P3-HSO & the CPU?

If you strip down the program to just the one offending instruction does it still display the same issue?

If yes, can you create a system report and attach so I can forward this to our QA team?
    I will dig into it again today and report back.

Leave a comment:

• Frontier
    replied
    Any chance you're using the Z-input reset function? This could definitely cause the problem you're seeing by resetting your count on every turn of the encoder.

Leave a comment:

• MikeN
    replied
    So is it the position of an encoder that is oscillating, or the position of a servo axis that is oscillating?

Leave a comment:

• ADC_CommTeam02
    replied
    What version firmware are you running in both the P3-HSO & the CPU?

If you strip down the program to just the one offending instruction does it still display the same issue?

If yes, can you create a system report and attach so I can forward this to our QA team?

Leave a comment:

• NateInAlbany
    replied
    I just tried this. I powered up the machine, jogged it out about a foot and disabled the servo via the enable switch I have wired to the drive. No change. still 0-12-0-12-0-12. I rechecked the tag itself and while a number of instructions are reading from it, none of them should be writing to it

. I'm sure it will be something stupid and I'll figure it out in the morning.

Leave a comment:

• MikeN
    replied
    My guess would be that your scaling is set up in a way that it jumps from 0 to 8 and your machine is oscillating from vibration right between those pulse points in the encoder, or you have something in your program messing with the position tag.

What encoder are you using, and can you post a screenshot of your HSI module setup?
    And a screenshot of your ladder where you are doing the compare?
    Last edited by MikeN; 02-11-2020, 06:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• NateInAlbany
    started a topic P3k HSO Position tag instability?

P3k HSO Position tag instability?

In the project I am working on I need to start assigning actions to happen at certain points in the motion of the machine. Using comparators against the position reported by the encoder via the HSI/O cards. I tossed a text field up on my C-more HMI so that I can monitor this position and know where to set these actions. There seems to be a problem though as while the number will advance as the machine moves, it flashes the current location and zero alternating. This makes the program miss locations. I took a short video clip of it.
Working...
X