hmi data recording on p1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hmi data recording on p1000

first of all, im brand new to this programming thing. i am setting up a cmore ea9 panel easy operator controls for the cavemen i work with. basically...the screen im working on is a is a list of reasons why the rod is being rejected. can push any button or all of them. ive assigned them all tags and have moved said tags to the p1000. what i need is a way to compile the data to an sd card. also need help configuring the ladder logic on the p1000 to recognize the buttons being pressed. i know its alot to ask...but im so lost right now. any help is greatly apppreciated

Can you attach your EA9 and P1000 project files? Need to see what you have up to this point to provide suggestions to get you going.

Comment

i am currently moving full speed ahead. buttons are all working properly and data is being collected with every push of the submit button. not sure how i figured all this out but its working. thanks for getting back to me. have a great friday

Comment

ok. i dont like the way this is going. the ladder logic in the plc is sloppy at best. effective but if i want to log the different rod failures i have to log way too many tags. how can i set it up to where if the boolean is on it will log that tag and not every off tag as well? still learning here but i am definitely needing some help
        Attached Files

Comment

Are you using the data logger built into the Productivity to log tags to an SD card?

As far as I know, the capabilities of Productivity logging are quite low. If you want to only log some tags at certain times and other tags at other times you have to do it in a sort of hacky method.

I personally love Productivity for most things, but any time I do data logging I use a BRX in the system and do all logging on that.

Comment

Why not make your button tags momentary and use event manager to increment a tag set up in the plc? In the attached example I used internal tags, but it could be tags to a plc device. Not sure what you are trying to do in the plc logic or how your are data logging.
            Attached Files

Comment

Describe your desired "caveman" interaction with HMI.

Comment

Implemented the pack bits function. Allowed me to basically assign a numerical value to each of the tags individually and only log the last one that was activated. Used a submit button to gather the data and reset the buttons on the hmi. Then i set up a series of timers and switches in the ladder logic to log data when i needed it to. Went from four tasks to 7 real fast. Also used the pack bits to assign users a number so i can tell who is operating the machine at the time. Cut my number of tags down exponentially. You are correct about the data logging being lax. Which is only hurting the boss mans feelings because he wants the files to look a certain way and theres nothing i can do about it. I'll just keep swimming and climbing over walls as i get to them. At least we are gathering some data and thats the whole point of this project.

Comment

I would like to hear more about the BRX. If i can come closer to making the boss man happy then i can probably keep my job here. lol

Comment

Originally posted by James Ferguson View Post
                    I would like to hear more about the BRX. If i can come closer to making the boss man happy then i can probably keep my job here. lol
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	FileLog.png Views:	0 Size:	34.2 KB ID:	129606

With the BRX you get a "FileLog" instruction. With it, you can choose any memory address you want to log. As many, or as little as you want. You can also have multiple FileLog instructions in a program. These instructions can be left on and set to log on their own at the top of the minute, hour, day, etc. Or on a trigger. You can also choose to save that data to an SD card, or built in RAM to the BRX. RAM will get lost if the power goes out and you have no battery backup though, but is a good place to store highly written to data that you want to export only once or twice a day.

So for you, a bunch of FileLog instructions could be set up and each is triggered from a different button on the HMI and would store a different memory address' data (or a string of text). Or some other setup that you feel works better for your situation. The biggest part is you can have a bunch of FileLog instructions and choose how much or how little data you want to log in each one. You can also have multiple instructions write to the same log file and they will append data to the next line, or they can all write to a differently named file to keep things separate.

There is also an email instruction that lets you sends that data out of the PLC to an email somewhere. Again this can be set up and left on, and send an email with the log on the top fo the hour, day, month, etc., or triggered from a tag/event to send the email. You can email a log file either stored in the SD card or the RAM.
                    Last edited by MikeN; 03-24-2020, 09:08 AM.

Comment

I am definitely looking into it now. Sounds much more sophisticated than the productivity line.

Comment

The way I see the PLC lines, the BRX can "do more" (lol) and has more advanced controls. However, it is harder to learn those advanced things and a bit more cumbersome to use, and can also not be expanded as large. But when you need to do something that you just cant seem to make work the way you want in any other PLC line, the BRX can probably do it. And apparently just today the BRX got some more modules for it:
                        https://forum.automationdirect.com/f...or-the-brx-plc
                        Be careful when looking at PLCs though, the H2 line of the Do-More PLCs is older and doesnt have all the same capability as the BRX does.
                        What I usually do is use a productivity with the largest 15-slot base for my machines. I tend to use almost all of them on each machine. Then on each machine that I need comms stuff done, or data logging, or something that requires extremely high speed and tight timing I also put a BRX in the machine and use both PLCs. Ill send data back and forth between them for any shared data. I do this because the BRX cant be as large as I need and because Productivity is easier for me to program.
                        Last edited by MikeN; 03-25-2020, 08:35 AM.

Comment

So do you just install the brx cpu and connect them through the ethernet port? all i would need the brx for is logging purposes. I like the setup of the productivity and probably wont be able to learn a new system altogether. Resctricted on time. Need to get this project implemented within the next month or so.

Comment

Originally posted by James Ferguson View Post
                            So do you just install the brx cpu and connect them through the ethernet port? all i would need the brx for is logging purposes. I like the setup of the productivity and probably wont be able to learn a new system altogether. Resctricted on time. Need to get this project implemented within the next month or so.
                            You could use Ethernet and set up EtherNet/IP communication. It would be faster. I have always used Modbus RTU with the RJ12 port built in to each PLC.
                            I do it this way for a couple reasons, first and foremost because the Productivity is not on the main computer network and never will be. We dont keep any machines on a network with internet access. By having the BRX which has internet access and emails things only connected to the machine over an old serial modbus connection it pretty much guarantees no one can start screwing with the machine should the computer network become compromised. Its overkill, but still a safety issue that we follow. Secondly, because nothing we use makes use of old RS-232 RJ12 ports anymore, I always have those ports open and available.
                            Last edited by MikeN; 04-02-2020, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X