Instruction Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Instruction Help

Is there a JSR instruction and how do you do subroutines in Productivity Suite. I am using a p1-550. Thanks

You can create a 'Run When Called' task and Call it when needed.
    You can call tasks from other tasks - just NOT from 'called' tasks.
    Last edited by kewakl; 03-25-2020, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dknieder View Post
      Is there a JSR instruction and how do you do subroutines in Productivity Suite. I am using a p1-550. Thanks
      Unlike Allen-Bradley, in Productivity, tasks (aka subroutines) can be created in one of 4 sub-folders inside the Task Management pane in the left-hand side of the editing screen. I believe when you read the titles of each folder, you'll understand what each does and can answer what you're asking. For me, I've placed all my tasks (subroutines) in the "Run Every Scan" folder. With this method, no JSR is needed, and neither is a Return.
      Why worry? If you've done the best you can, worrying won't make it any better

- Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Dice View Post
        For me, I've placed all my tasks (subroutines) in the "Run Every Scan" folder. With this method, no JSR is needed, and neither is a Return.
        I do a bit of all three:
        1. Call the Called tasks - when needed
        Heavy, intermittent load - like a lot of math on array data
        Intermittent processes - charging and discharging multiple capacitors
        2. Call the Called tasks - Called all the time
        3. Run Every Scan tasks

@Todd Dice what is this Return you speak of?

@dknieder You determine how you need to run your processes. You have flexibility. We can give some guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by kewakl View Post
          @Todd Dice what is this Return you speak of?
          Well, it's been awhile since I programmed in RSLogix, but doing so many Clicks nowadays I "misremembered" that A-B has no return. "I should'a had a V-8!"
          Why worry? If you've done the best you can, worrying won't make it any better

- Walt Disney

Comment

Working...
          X