Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cmore panel issues (not Software issues)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cmore panel issues (not Software issues)

I have 13 panels (all EA7) on two separate lines and on separate data networks.
    Several of these screens do the occasion Black/White screen crash. No permanent fix has been found
    Code:
    First line:
    PanelName        Model        OD(Date)     Runtime   System  Screensaver   Black/        Hardware       BOOT    Hardware?
                                                         Screen  InUse         WhiteScreen                          (No description)
    DataControl_1    EA7-T12      10-12-2012   2.78      2.78    Y             Y             1200N REV.08   2000    0000-0000-0000-0020
    DataControl_2    EA7-T12      10-12-2012   2.78      2.78    Y             Y             1200N REV.03   2000    0000-0000-0000-0008
    Conveyor         EA7-T12      10-12-2012   2.78      2.78    Y             Y             1200N REV.03   2000    
    TT               EA7-T8       10-12-2012   2.78      2.78    N             N             1400N REV.05   2000    0000-0000-0000-0018
    CAPESR           EA7-T15      10-12-2012   2.77      2.77    N             N             1200  REV.01   2000    
    DCL              EA7-T15      05-07-2010   2.72      2.72    Y             Y             1200  REV.01   2000    
    SORTEXIT         EA7-T8       03-09-2012   2.78      2.78    N             N             1400N REV.05   2000    0000-0000-0000-0018

Second line:
    PanelName        Model        OD(Date)     Runtime   System  Screensaver   Black/        Hardware       BOOT    Hardware?
                                                         Screen  InUse         WhiteScreen                          (No description)
    Master           EA7-T15      10-12-2012   2.78      2.78    Y             Y             1200N REV.04   2000    0000-0000-0000-0008
    StaC11           EA7-T12      10-12-2012   2.78      2.78    Y             Y             1200N REV.03   2000    0000-0000-0000-0008
    StaC12           EA7-T12      10-12-2012   2.78      2.78    Y             Y             1200  REV.00   2000    
    StaC13           EA7-T12      10-12-2012   2.78      2.78    Y             Y             1200N REV.03   2000    0000-0000-0000-0008
    StaC14           EA7-T12      10-12-2012   2.78      2.78    Y             Y             1200N REV.07   2000    0000-0000-0000-0020
    StaC15           EA7-T12      10-12-2012   2.78      2.78    Y             Y             1200N REV.07   2000    0000-0000-0000-0020
    I was nearly finished gathering this data when I considered that Hardware and BootLoader could be of some importance.
    If it is, please reply to this thread.
    I will also check to verify dedicated power supplies on each panel.

One thing to note: On StaC11 - StaC15, If the screensaver is active when I request a screen change, the screen blinks ON and then back off.
    I send multiple requests and usually the screen comes on and stays on. ??

(I need to double-check the OSDate/Runtime and SystemScreen info above.)
    If it is important, I can get the pertinent info on the PAC cpu's in the lines.
    Last edited by kewakl; 06-30-2016, 10:28 AM. Reason: Update to include Hardware/Boot info

I do not remember the details, but I did find an issue at one time where the "start screensaver" appeared to overlay a screensaver on top of a screensaver. In other words, if the screen had been inactive for long enough to have the screensaver triggered 3 times, then I would have to tap the screen 3 times to get the screensaver to release the screen. This project was using the PLC to turn the screensaver on.
    Circumstances don't determine who we are, they only reveal it.
    Jason Wolthuis

Comment

Originally posted by plcnut View Post
      I do not remember the details, but I did find an issue at one time where the "start screensaver" appeared to overlay a screensaver on top of a screensaver. In other words, if the screen had been inactive for long enough to have the screensaver triggered 3 times, then I would have to tap the screen 3 times to get the screensaver to release the screen. This project was using the PLC to turn the screensaver on.
      Interesting, but I am letting the cmore timeout feature do this for me, maybe it is timing out multiple times.... Maybe this is causing the panel to crash.
      I am trying to WAKE the screen.
      I let it sleep until either a touch or a request from the master PAC. When the operator scans a barcode tag below the screen (in preparation to an automated setup) the screen should wake and GOTOSCRN should call the correct screen. It does wake, but the sleeps again. So, the multiple WAKE (GOTOSCRN) requests.
      The wireless barcode scanner is connected to the RJ12 Serial port of the MASTER PAC. The master's task is to coordinate all DATA from the 5 stations to a DATAWORX install. So Master tells the stations' PAC to tell the screen to wake.
      Sorry If I led you to think that I was putting it to sleep.

Comment

You did not lead me to believe anything. I was only hoping that some of my experiences may help to put together a common denominator. I replaced the EA7 that was giving trouble with an EA9 and did away with the PLC calling the screensaver at the same time, so have not done any further testing.
        Jason Wolthuis

Comment

Thanks, nut. I appreciate (and read) all of your posts.
          I have two a few actions left to tick off the list.
          1. Test V2.78SP1.
          2. Emulate a screensaver. After inactive time go to black screen with a black button.
          3. Remove unused objects from 'out-of-view' area of screens.
          4. Test removal/replacement of power adapter piggyback.
          I hesitate to arbitrarily upgrade to bleeding edge revs. Regression testing to find the next AD easteregg bug really sucks.
          Too many dental impressions on the rear.
          Last edited by kewakl; 07-20-2016, 09:15 AM. Reason: Add "Remove unused objects from 'out-of-view' area of screens" ....

Comment

My panel with issues also included item(s) that were outside the view-able area.
            (I use a text entry object with a USB bar-code scanner as an input and leave it outside the viewing area for aesthetics).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            This post is in regards to this same issue that is also being discussed in another forum
            Jason Wolthuis

Comment

Originally posted by plcnut View Post
              My panel with issues also included item(s) that were outside the view-able area.
              <SNIP>
              This post is in regards to this same issue that is also being discussed in another forum
              Yes, I read that post as well. I remarked that I'll have to add that to my list.
              Interestingly, I'll bet that ALL of my projects have stuff hanging around the border (unseen) and HMMM - that and screensavers.
              I also, usually, have one screen that I use for building control arrangements. I guess that I should clear those out, too.

I was under the impression that off-screen stuff was NOT added to the comms stream.

Comment

Off screen stuff is handled just like on screen stuff with the exception of you just can't see it.
                If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

Only time I experienced the white screen when I was using the 120v adapter to power the panel. I since then do not use them. I power up from a separate 24v power supply, other then want I use for the rest of the machine. I have not had any issues. I think they may have fixed that problem, but I still use a separate power supply for my HMI. Actually I only use the separate power supply if I am going to have lots of relays or a contactor. I know, cost more but it has been working for me.

Comment

Originally posted by a agnone View Post
                    Only time I experienced the white screen when I was using the 120v adapter to power the panel. I since then do not use them. I power up from a separate 24v power supply, other then want I use for the rest of the machine. I have not had any issues. I think they may have fixed that problem, but I still use a separate power supply for my HMI. Actually I only use the separate power supply if I am going to have lots of relays or a contactor. I know, cost more but it has been working for me.
                    Interesting, I installed those EA_AC pods because of AD tech recommendation to try to stop the black/white screens.
                    Historically, I have NOT installed dedicated power supplies (until AD tech recommendation for this issue) except in cases with contactors/relays, etc.

Comment

In the list in OP, I have removed all screensavers in the section labeled 'Second line:'
                      I did this in mid January. So far, I have not logged any more whitescreen crashes on those panels.

Thanks to any / all who have contributed to resolving this -- in this and other threads / forums.

Comment

As far as this weekend, I have not seen any whitescreen crashes on the panels that I removed the screensavers.
                        (prompted to update this thread from pbw's query https://forum.automationdirect.com/f...-c-more-freeze)

Comment

Working...
                        X