Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PAC Suite CopyPaste rungs MAY NOT paste the correct copy of the rung.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PAC Suite CopyPaste rungs MAY NOT paste the correct copy of the rung.

Pac SW (latest) 2.2.1.1. All CPUs
    Pac SW (probably back to the first version)

Copy paste rungs MAY NOT paste the correct copy of the rung.
    It will paste the state of the rung AT THE TIME OF THE PASTE OPERATION, not the state of the rung at the time of the copy operation.

Steps:
    1. Open two instances of whatever PAC Suite (Same SW Version in each)
    2. Create empty programs in each instance.
    3. In the FIRST instance create a simple rung like N.O. PAC In Run OUT Portable Memory Device Eject (In PACSUITE V2, PAC In Run is CPU In Run)
    4. Highlight this rung and COPY.
    5. In the SECOND instance, PASTE. You will get a reproduction of what you expect.
    6. In the FIRST instance, change the rung--- Add another N.O. PAC In Run
    7. In the FIRST instance, select the second RUNG and PASTE. It pastes the EDITED COPY of the RUNG -- NOT THE ORIGINAL SELECTION.
    8. In the SECOND instance, paste into rung 2, you will get ANOTHER reproduction of what you expect.

WHAT IS PACSUITE doing?! Pasting something OTHER than what you copied.

I have posted about this before, but in the context of PASTE pasting a copy of the rung with the current ENABLED/DISABLED rung state.
    I think this issue is dangerous. Imagine your problem if you replace N.O. PAC In Run and OUT Portable Memory Device Eject with something less benign.

EDIT: What may not be readily apparent is that the 'OS' clipboard contains the correct SOURCE COPY. -- the reason for steps 1,2,5,8
    Last edited by kewakl; 07-20-2016, 08:20 PM. Reason: Reference to OS clipboard

I can duplicate the issue you are seeing. I apologize for any inconvenience this issue maybe causing. Thanks again for your feedback as always. We are looking at getting this fixed in the next release of the GUI.
    If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

Originally posted by P3K_ADC_Eng View Post
      I can duplicate the issue you are seeing. I apologize for any inconvenience this issue maybe causing. Thanks again for your feedback as always. We are looking at getting this fixed in the next release of the GUI.
      I do not have any memory of this causing a problem. I just though it important enough to open a discussion - hence the steps to reproduce.
      Thanks.

Comment

2.2.2(1) & 2.2.3(1) still the same

Comment

It seems that AD has fixed this issue.
          2.3.0(14)
          2.4.0(16)
          2.4.1(1)
          Thank you.

If this notice is in any release notes, I missed it.

Comment

Working...
          X