P2K remote IO port for EnetIP/Modbus master

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P2K remote IO port for EnetIP/Modbus master

Is there any thought to opening the remote IO port to be usable for ethernet IP and/or Modbus comms? It would be nice to be able to seperate remote IO (that is not the P2K remote IO slaves) from the "main network". Since there is two enet ports why not allow the remote io port to also allow ethernet IP comms to other remote IO hardware?

I had asked about getting more Ethernet ports as an option for the P3K, but i would even settle for opening up the remote I/O port as you mentioned at this point. They replied to my request initially as they would look into it, but i have not heard anything since.

Comment

I have made the Product Engineer aware of your posts. Thanks for the suggestion.
      If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team at 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200. Thank you

Comment

This is potentially becoming a big issue for me. Changing IT rules my not allow me to have a switch in panel (that has PLC and remoteIO connnected) connected to main switch. If that is the case, I will be in trouble and will either need to replace remoteIO with P2k remoteIO (knowing that it will probably die since it is not tough enough), or I will need to replace P2K system with something else. Having the remote IO enet interface open to other systems (not just AD vfds and P2k "remoteIO") would solve this. Please take a serious look into this and offer this soon.

Comment

Working...
        X