Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Software update notofication on the main page.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Software update notofication on the main page.

Based on others responses in threads and my own experience, I can tell you folks at AD that your email notification for new software revisions does not work. How about placing an alert to new software revisions in the banner of the main page, where you currently headline the latest iPad giveaway? I ALWAYS have the webstore open as a tab in my browser, so I'll likely notice it there. Thank you.

- Todd
    If you've done the very best you can, worrying won't make it any better - Walt Disney

I received a notification a couple of days ago.
    ADEN ENGINEERING
    Automation & Electronic Controls

Design, Build, Repair, Training

Comment

Originally posted by johnaden View Post
      I received a notification a couple of days ago.
      Lucky you, I haven't received one in a couple years... FOR any software update.

Comment

Originally posted by kewakl View Post

Lucky you, I haven't received one in a couple years... FOR any software update.
        Me neither. I find out about them when something new doesn't work...
        If you've done the very best you can, worrying won't make it any better - Walt Disney

Comment

Update notifications aren't frequent or on a regular schedule, but someone subscribed to all notifications should see one every couple of months, give or take. As johnaden noted, one went out last week for CLICK. We should have another going out in the next day or so for a different product.

We do get a fair number of e-mails each time that bounce back to us as undeliverable as company spam filters become more restrictive. Whitelisting notify@automationdirect.com will ensure they get through. We have also recently switched e-mail service providers to help reduce the number of bounces.

To supplement the email notification, we will create a read-only sub-forum here to track firmware and software releases.

Comment

Originally posted by Administrator View Post
            <SNIP>
            To supplement the email notification, we will create a read-only sub-forum here to track firmware and software releases.
            Please include (of course) the SOFTWARE name, MAJOR.MINOR revision and RELEASE DATE in the TITLE of the notification thread.

Comment

Originally posted by kewakl View Post

Please include (of course) the SOFTWARE name, MAJOR.MINOR revision and RELEASE DATE in the TITLE of the notification thread.
              I got the notice, but I still don't see where there is any mention of release date on the download page. That is sorely needed. (at least by me.)

Comment

Just got the email about release 2.4.1.1 of the Productivity Suite. But I had to open it to see the release number. The title was just about a new update.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Nash View Post
                  I got the notice, but I still don't see where there is any mention of release date on the download page. That is sorely needed. (at least by me.)
                  ya
                  Originally posted by Ridgeline Mach View Post
                  Just got the email about release 2.4.1.1 of the Productivity Suite. But I had to open it to see the release number. The title was just about a new update.
                  Look at the bottom of the main forum for the Firmware/Software Updates, release date and rev are there -- IN THE TITLE

YAY

Comment

Working...
                  X