.                              +--------------------------+
    .                              |                          |
    .------------------------------+ Math  (Hex)              +----[ DH1 ]
    .                              | BFh AND DH2              |
    This is accepted and compiles.
    Now, edit the BFh portion to read DH3. The new DH3 part does NOT get decorated BLUE with an underline.
    Code:
    .                              | DH3 AND DH2              |
    Click [OK] and the math instruction turns into this
    Code:
    .                              | DH2 AND                  |
    This does not compile and returns TWO errors:
    Main Program : Rung 1 : error C0108: Row 1, Column AF : Math instruction error.
    Main Program : Rung 1 : error C0000: Row 1, Column AF : Unknown error.

EDIT: If, after editing B4F BFh to DH3, I click on the ( ) Decimal and then again on the ( ) Hex radio buttons before clicking OK, it will work.

EDIT winxpsp3
    EDITed EDIT: fix B4F to BFh as per Mike
    Last edited by kewakl; 05-17-2017, 05:05 AM.

Just for another data point, it works correctly for me in ver. 2.0.
    Interesting that you can get it to happen in three different versions, might look for common denominators
    Have you tried another computer, when I was successful I was using win 7 pro 64bit sp1

Comment

Originally posted by Tinker View Post
      Interesting that you can get it to happen in three different versions, might look for common denominators
      Have you tried another computer, when I was successful I was using win 7 pro 64bit sp1
      Thank you for attempting to duplicate!

I tried at home Win7 SP1 pro 64-bit
      duplicated in CLICK 1.4, 2.0 and 2.10

yeah, common denominator -- Windoze...
      Last edited by kewakl; 05-16-2017, 04:21 PM.

Comment

It works OK for me in v2.00 and WinXP SP2. I haven't installed v2.10 yet.

It's starting to sound like you have some forgotten little helper app messing with you. (Yes there are lots of little bugs, but you've got it bad!)

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Nash View Post
          It works OK for me in v2.00 and WinXP SP2. I haven't installed v2.10 yet.

It's starting to sound like you have some forgotten little helper app messing with you. (Yes there are lots of little bugs, but you've got it bad!)
          Thanks for attempting to duplicate!

helper app Dunno what you are talking about. Do tell.
          On two machines - Win XP and Win 7
          I'll try it on two more tomorrow!
          EDIT:Reproduced on two other machines. Both Win7
          Last edited by kewakl; 05-17-2017, 04:34 AM. Reason: EDIT:Reproduced on two other machines. Both Win7

Comment

You're doing it wrong! I installed v2.10. Tried again. I was able to duplicate the problem. I was thinking maybe v2.10 was screwing up the others also via a registry change or something, but I think it is an editor quirk.

If I have B4h in the instruction OK, and then go back in, delete just the B4, leaving h then add D and 3 -> Dh3. It changes it to D3h when I hit <enter>. If I delete all of B4h and type in DH3 it is fine.

Comment

Its a sad sad day when I am doing it wrong. It is even sadder that I am doing it at all. j/k
              But, really, thanks for going that extra mile and retrying.
              I just installed 2.10 here (well, earlier today) and the bug was biting before 2.10.

So you have to make surgical strikes to make the edit work? I think that I read your 'D', 'h' and '3' prose incorrectly
              I did discover a work-around, just click Decimal then Hex.
              Your formula and result will disappear when you click Decimal, but will magically reappear when you click Hex.

Comment

Yeah, I had used B3h originally and tried to change it to B4h in the post, but that 3 was stuck in my head pretty firmly apparently.

Then again, your "Print Screen" shows BFh and your text says B4F later, so I reserve the right to remain confused.

Rereading your original post though, I did not see the behavior of swapping the DH2 to the left and leaving a trailing AND.

I only get goofiness with trying to leave the h in my example and add the D before and 3 after and it converts that to a constant D3h. So you still have something else going on.

Comment

Then again, your "Print Screen" shows BFh and your text says B4F later, so I reserve the right to remain confused.
                  Thanks, fixed.

but it gets weirder...
                  During the edit from BFh to DH3, if I enter a trailing SPACE after DH3, I see this in the editor DH3 ANDD DH2 two D's in AND, but DH3 now gets decorated.
                  So you still have something else going on.
                  Earlier you mentioned a helper app could be interfering. examples? Do you mean like Window Blinds, et al?

UPDATE:
                  If I select ONLY THE EXACT TEXT BFh when editing, then all is well, if I double-click BFh the trailing space is automatically included, then the Math editor formula goes sideways.
                  Have you been editing using MOUSE selection or KYBD only?

EDIT:Reproduced on two other machines. Both Win7. On one machine, reproducible in Click versions 1.4, 2.0 and 2.1, the other was a co-worker's machine - only tested on 2.10.
                  Last edited by kewakl; 05-17-2017, 05:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tinker View Post
                    Please retry your test, but doubleclick on BFh to select, before changing to DH3. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by kewakl View Post
                      Earlier you mentioned a helper app could be interfering. examples? Do you mean like Window Blinds, et al?
                      Nothing in particular, just a thought.

CLICK software on this machine is just hanging with a chord again. Reboot in 10,9,8...

Comment

I really think Rockwell and AD booby trap each other. After reboot I ran Click v2.10, and following your double click and retype, verified it does indeed give only DH2 AND after <Enter>.

Yes it adds a space to the selection, (doesn't windows do this by default?*) but then adds the space back in after typing DH3 so it looks OK, but it's not.

*Windows selection defaults are some of the most frustrating things I know!

Comment

I really think Rockwell and AD booby trap each other. After reboot I ran Click v2.10, and following your double click and retype, verified it does indeed give only DH2 AND after <Enter>.

Yes it adds a space to the selection, (doesn't windows do this by default?*) but then adds the space back in after typing DH3 so it looks OK, but it's not.

*Windows selection defaults are some of the most frustrating things I know!
                          Well, you've gone a long way to disproving the rumors of my insanity! Thanks.

Comment

CLICK software on this machine is just hanging with a chord again. Reboot in 10,9,8...
                            Yes, on this XPSP3 machine, CLICK cr@ps out too frequently. And annoyingly so since the release notes (readme.txt) specifically state
                            check to make sure that your computer is running a compatible operating system: CLICK PLC Programming Software runs on the following Windows operating systems: Windows Vista(32bit)/ XP Pro/XP Home/2000 with SP4.
                            and there have been other issues with the math instruction and constants already
                            1.21 - Fixed the problem that Math instruction sometimes does not work correctly with constant values.
                            2.10 - Fixed a Math instruction problem. If a constant was assigned to a Math instruction instead of a formula, the Math instruction might write a wrong value into the memory address assigned to store the Result.

Comment

Working...
                            X