Forum search results

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forum search results

I have been searching for some of my older posts.
    I have seen results that do not contain any of my posts even though I have my username in the 'Members' field.
    It seems to happen if I do not allow the forum search to validate my username. However, the blue X appears by my name.

(If I enter my username in the Members field and then click [Search Now] the blue X appears but the search results are incorrect.)

(If I enter my username and then click on my username from the Members list, then it works as it should.)
    (If I enter my username and then press ENTER, then it works as it should.)

Also, clicking the (<-) BACK button in the browser destroys the search fields' criteria.
    However clicking on the 'Advanced Search' link in the drill-down list in the top of the search results page does not!
    Last edited by kewakl; 07-16-2017, 09:44 AM.

Kewakl,

You do get off into some interesting areas of the forum. It appears from your post that you were able to find what you were looking for, through one method or another.

However, I did some quick investigating into how the search functions are configured. I also did some quick searches based on your user name.

If I put your name in the main base search for keyword, I retrieved 7 pages, the furthest one back being on 07/14/2011, when some replied to one of your first posts.

When doing a advanced search putting only your name in member field, resulted in 34 pages and 500 results. I found the maximum number of search results returned is set to 500. (Search Results: 500 results in 0.0288 seconds)

The advanced search would need other criteria, such as date range, to narrow the results to find the other posts back to 2011 for you.

There are several ways to search within the forum, some of them better than others. Thanks for bring up this interesting topic.

Forum Admin

Comment

You do get off into some interesting areas of the forum.
      Yes

It appears from your post that you were able to find what you were looking for, through one method or another.
      Yes

However, I did some quick investigating into how the search functions are configured. ...... in 34 pages and 500 results. I found the maximum number of search results returned is set to 500. (Search Results: 500 results in 0.0288 seconds)
      Interesting

There are several ways to search within the forum, some of them better than others. Thanks for bring up this interesting topic.
      You are welcome!

Comment

Working...
      X