Stego Fan line expansion.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stego Fan line expansion.

Nice to see the expansion of fan options. I am not a big fan of having the exhaust fan blow air out. What happens is it draws in dirt from all the pores in the cabinet or cracks around wires and then you end up with a dirty inside cabinet. I use to remount the fan so it would blow out, big mistake. So now I only use exhaust fans to blow inward passing over the filter. Just one source of cooler air. Cleaner cabinets. It is not always possible to have a 100% completely sealed cabinet. Amazing how dirt can get through the smallest of openings over time.

Agree 101%.

Comment

Thank kewaki, I thought i was going to take a big hit on that comment hahaha. Never had good results with those vortex air coolers either. We have dirty air supply and no matter how I filter it it still gets through. I used a vortex air cooler and yea it made cold air but made a big mess in the cabinet. I like the air conditioners thought. A closed system, clean.

Comment

Originally posted by a agnone View Post
        Thank kewaki, I thought i was going to take a big hit on that comment hahaha. Never had good results with those vortex air coolers either. We have dirty air supply and no matter how I filter it it still gets through. I used a vortex air cooler and yea it made cold air but made a big mess in the cabinet. I like the air conditioners thought. A closed system, clean.
        Again, agree. The consumed air volume is also a hidden expense.
        Years ago we had machines with vortex coolers, equipped with a decent air prep. The filter didn't catch all oil - the enclosure floor did, though.

Maybe it was the wrong filter/medium? Too late to investigate now!

Comment

I've successfully used exhaust fans, in fact it's kind of my default. I often have more depth available from the door at the top than the bottom of the cabinet, and if I'm trying to cool the cabinet, I'd rather not fight convection. Now I don't use ADC fans (Hoffman, Rittal, etc), so maybe it's just that Stego's filters aren't any good, but I've had no issues with dirty cabinets even in the mechanical room of car washes. ABB builds their multi-hundred-HP cabinet VFD's like that (inlet at the bottom, exhaust the top), and I've not seen any issues with them accumulating crud inside either.

Comment

Same here as far as exhaust fans being enough, but when in a molding area it can get up to 105 degrees or in China it can get around 100 degrees easy. I would say 95% of the time just an exhaust fan is enough.

Comment

Working...
            X