Some basic PAC Suite fix requests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some basic PAC Suite fix requests

I will hazard a guess that these images speak for themselves and I should not need to actually say what needs to be fixed.
    I'll add to this as I need to. Click image for larger version  Name:	bad rendering.png Views:	1 Size:	21.4 KB ID:	107899
    Compile or transfer fixes this. This has been around since at least 1.6.0.19
    Last edited by kewakl; 09-03-2017, 03:14 PM.

Click image for larger version  Name:	BadRendering_2.png Views:	1 Size:	26.6 KB ID:	107901
    Yeah, fun to interpret.
    Compile fixes the bad render job.

Just in case anyone asks, restarting the software does not fix this. I guess that array indexes still flabbergast this software family.
    Last edited by kewakl; 09-03-2017, 03:31 PM.

Comment

I have some requests of my own.

1. If you use a CPD, and it has, for example, 6 data lines that are copying, and you delete, for example the first 2, when compiling, and re-opening the CPD, the first 2 empty lines should be removed.

2. Why can't a CMP input have a range option? True when "x" value is within this range, instead of having to write two CMPs in series?
      If you've done the very best you can, worrying won't make it any better - Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Ridgeline Mach View Post
        2. Why can't a CMP input have a range option? True when "x" value is within this range, instead of having to write two CMPs in series?
        Along this line --- Let us have inline versions of CMPS and CMPV? I waste bits and rung space just comparing, only to use that result in ONE PLACE.

Comment

Originally posted by kewakl View Post

Along this line --- Let us have inline versions of CMPS and CMPV? I waste bits and rung space just comparing, only to use that result in ONE PLACE.
          Additional thoughts: Why not have an instruction like the PLS, but for ANY numeric tag. Currently, PLS is for high speed I/O only.

Comment

kewakl, you know how hard it is for me to refrain from pitching Do-More, right? but we've had that discussion several times already.....

Comment

Originally posted by ControlsGuy View Post
              kewakl, you know how hard it is for me to refrain from pitching Do-More, right? but we've had that discussion several times already.....
              Pitch away!
              I do see some very nice capabilities in the platform.
              Memory and analog inputs are what I need.
              So far, the PxK platform has that- even with its drawbacks and limitations, it does what I ☆need☆

Comment

Pitch away!
                I do see some very nice capabilities in the platform.
                Memory and analog inputs are what I need.
                So far, the PxK platform has that- even with its drawbacks and limitations, it does what I ☆need☆
                A BRX these days can have up to 132 analog inputs when filling up every expansion slot with the highest density analog cards and using the 4 built-in inputs.
                I have also made use of the MicroSD card slot for saving log data. I think I have a 16GB card in the two main communication hub BRX's in each of our warehouses. To keep write lifetime up, I usually log to RAM, then write to disk what I need. I think available RAM changes depending on IO config, but mine typically have something like 800-850KB available that I can use for logging, of which I only use around 50KB before I write to "disk". If you want to keep writing a ton of log data to the microSD, you could always make them as consumable items you replace once a year. They are pretty cheap:
                https://www.amazon.com/Sandisk-Ultra...dp/B073K14CVB/
                Ask Bob0 what the max size SD card you can use is. Who knows, maybe you can stick that 512GB in there and use it for 10 years before it goes bad. lol

What kind of configuration do you actually need?
                Last edited by MikeN; 12-02-2019, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Mine usually have 200 analog in.

Comment

Do-more can use any EBC controlled I/O (BRX, 205, or Terminator) as native remote I/O. Do-more I/O systems can be huge.

Comment

Wow thats a lot.

Im guessing you are using multiple PLCs as remote IO for P3k as well right? Since I believe the max on a single p3k is 176 analog inputs on the largest base.
                      If you used BRX's, you could get 200 inputs with a pair of them as well taking up 6 of the 8 expansion slots on each PLC with analog input cards.

I honestly dont have any problems with Productivity, works great for me. I also dont use analog stuff though. With how many problems you seem to constantly have with Productivity platform, and with your CPU prices basically doubled recently, it is probably worth a shot to build yourself a test unit with a pair of BRX to see how the platform would work for you.

I do use a handful of analog with BRX units, and a do love how in ladder with the analog instructions and status turned on I can actually see the analog signal and values itself in ladder while I am working. Sure I know I could always see that stuff in data view, but having the visual graphs in the instruction itself is really cool. Thanks for that BobO

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_4470.png
Views:	47
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	126899

...And now that I just posted that image I see I have a typo in my documentation that I havent noticed in years... Oh well.
                      Last edited by MikeN; 12-02-2019, 12:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeN View Post

Wow thats a lot.

Im guessing you are using multiple PLCs as remote IO for P3k as well right? Since I believe the max on a single p3k is 176 analog inputs on the largest base.
                        If you used BRX's, you could get 200 inputs with a pair of them as well taking up 6 of the 8 expansion slots on each PLC with analog input cards.
                        Remote expansion bases with a P3-RS or P3-EX depending on where the remote bases reside.

I honestly dont have any problems with Productivity, works great for me. I also dont use analog stuff though. With how many problems you seem to constantly have with Productivity platform, and with your CPU prices basically doubled recently, it is probably worth a shot to build yourself a test unit with a pair of BRX to see how the platform would work for you.
                        Gets harder with every issue - especially ones that take a long time for resolution.

I do use a handful of analog with BRX units, and a do love how in ladder with the analog instructions and status turned on I can actually see the analog signal and values itself in ladder while I am working. Sure I know I could always see that stuff in data view, but having the visual graphs in the instruction itself is really cool. Thanks for that BobO
                        I saw a picture of your ladder in my reply, but not in your post. Hmm. I trimmed it out for size.
                        The graph in the ladder looked smart.
                        Last edited by kewakl; 12-02-2019, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BobO View Post

Do-more can use any EBC controlled I/O (BRX, 205, or Terminator) as native remote I/O. Do-more I/O systems can be huge.
                          With that in mind, I would have to evaluate my project memory footprint to see if it fits in the smaller (or so, I think) memory of the BRX.

Comment

Working...
                          X