Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When is this EVER an acceptable toolbar layout?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am rushing to the same conclusion.

Comment

Ha! Over the weekend, after installing the latest version of DMD on my home laptop, I found PCMatic really hates it! I had to manually white list DMD to get it to launch.
      Why worry? If you've done the best you can, worrying won't make it any better

- Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Dice View Post
        Ha! Over the weekend, after installing the latest version of DMD on my home laptop, I found PCMatic really hates it! I had to manually white list DMD to get it to launch.
        What's it complaining about - or does it just shut it down immediately? I presume you mean DmD, not the Setup (you mentioned AFTER installing DmD).

We definitely look at COM serial ports, USB ports, and Ethernet ports. Some anti-virus presumes we are snooping (which we are).
        There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who know binary, and those who do not.

Comment

Originally posted by franji1 View Post

What's it complaining about - or does it just shut it down immediately? I presume you mean DmD, not the Setup (you mentioned AFTER installing DmD).

We definitely look at COM serial ports, USB ports, and Ethernet ports. Some anti-virus presumes we are snooping (which we are).
          It's after installation. When I attempt to launch DmD, PCMatic prevents it from fully launching. I don't remember the exact message. I just had to change the setting in PCMatic to advanced, so when launched it brings up a warning popup, where I could select trusted "always" or some similar wording. My employer uses Norton, and I never get a message from it when installing/upgrading/launching.

- Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Dice View Post

It's after installation. When I attempt to launch DmD, PCMatic prevents it from fully launching. I don't remember the exact message. I just had to change the setting in PCMatic to advanced, so when launched it brings up a warning popup, where I could select trusted "always" or some similar wording. My employer uses Norton, and I never get a message from it when installing/upgrading/launching.
            Any details on the "warning" (e.g. More or Advanced or ?). It may be Comm Server that is being launched by Designer (does it say DmDesigner.exe or CSMainDm.exe or something else?)
            There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who know binary, and those who do not.

Comment

When I get home tonight I'll launch and take a screenshot.

- Walt Disney

Comment

Working...
              X