DC UPS modules

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC UPS modules

I use a lot of PULS UB10.241 DC UPS modules and they work great but are expensive (around $385). I noticed that there is now a Rhino PSM24-BCM360S that is similar except that it requires a 24vdc battery.

I would like to see this model with an offering that includes the converter built in that would allow it to work with a 12VDC battery.

24VDC batteries are too expensive, and are not commonplace enough in rural america for them to be practical. Putting 12vdc batteries in series adds a list of other potential uh-ohs we don't want.

Thanks for the suggestion. I have forwarded it to the Product Engineer for consideration.
    If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team at 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200. Thank you

Comment

What is wrong with putting two 12v's in series? After all, a 12v battery is nothing more than six 2.2v cells in series in the same container.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon_ View Post
        What is wrong with putting two 12v's in series? After all, a 12v battery is nothing more than six 2.2v cells in series in the same container.
        Mainly for space. You should see some of the pump rooms I deal with. We often use a 40 to 100AH deep cycle battery that is readily available, stick it in a marine battery box on a shelf or the floor of the room with flexible conduit connecting to fuses in our RTU panels. Finding a simple way to connect two of them in series would not be quite so easy. And if/when one of those batteries begins to fail, there would be the headaches of troubleshooting it. Our system with the PULS controller is proven and simple, just expensive.

Comment

Working...
        X