C-more suggestion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C-more suggestion

I have a background that is larger than the screen. It was necessary to stretch the graphic to fit the screen. If I multi-select triggered text messages and the background by mistake and do an align to top, the triggered test goes off the top of the screen. I cannot go up and get it with the mouse. The only way to access it is to do a tag cross reference to select it and use the arrow down key to move it back on to the screen. Biggest problem is I do not know it is now off the screen.
    This is really frustrating when I am using the triggered text to display an error. It looks like the machine stopped and no error, so they think it locked up.

I find it frustrating just to select objects that are stacked, let alone offscreen. It starts a parade of sending objects to the back, just to let the one you want to select to float to the top. How about letting the "tab" key select any object contained anywhere on that screen, one by one. Or a pair of function keys (as in select next/select prev).

Comment

I have a background that is larger than the screen. It was necessary to stretch the graphic to fit the screen. If I multi-select triggered text messages and the background by mistake and do an align to top, the triggered test goes off the top of the screen. I cannot go up and get it with the mouse. The only way to access it is to do a tag cross reference to select it and use the arrow down key to move it back on to the screen. Biggest problem is I do not know it is now off the screen.
      This is really frustrating when I am using the triggered text to display an error. It looks like the machine stopped and no error, so they think it locked up.
      Have you set the background to be a "Background Screen"? Look at the "View" tab in the "Screen Option".

I find it frustrating just to select objects that are stacked, let alone offscreen. It starts a parade of sending objects to the back, just to let the one you want to select to float to the top. How about letting the "tab" key select any object contained anywhere on that screen, one by one. Or a pair of function keys (as in select next/select prev).
      Here is a suggestion to make it less frustrating. Group all the objects together. Then in the "Object Layer List" you will see a the group. Click to expand the list and select the object that you want to edit there. You can also find the stacked objects in the "Object Layer List" by clicking on the "Find Overlapping Objects" tab.
      Last edited by mwdkmpr; 03-02-2018, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mwdkmpr View Post
        Have you set the background to be a "Background Screen"? Look at the "View" tab in the "Screen Option".

Here is a suggestion to make it less frustrating. Group all the objects together. Then in the "Object Layer List" you will see a the group. Click to expand the list and select the object that you want to edit there. You can also find the stacked objects in the "Object Layer List" by clicking on the "Find Overlapping Objects" tab.
        OP didn't provide a sw/hw version/model. Maybe the Object Layer list is not available in that rev.

Comment

Working...
        X