C-more suggetion - tables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C-more suggetion - tables

Some sort of Excel style data table object would be great. I build a lot of screens with dozens of static text elements, numeric elements and multi state text indicators aligned on a screen. Getting everything to line up is really time consuming and trying to add something in after your finished can take forever. You can group and move objects together to speed things up but filling a table would be much quicker.

One more thing while I am at it. Please consider adding left and right to the Label Position option.

Comment

Do you use the align and distribute functions in the sw? (Edit>Align or Distribute) Just select all the objects you wish to align or distribute and choose your action.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	48
Size:	143.6 KB
ID:	111789Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture_2.JPG
Views:	50
Size:	141.5 KB
ID:	111790
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture_3.JPG
Views:	53
Size:	145.3 KB
ID:	111791Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture_4.JPG
Views:	58
Size:	145.8 KB
ID:	111792
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions, I have passed them along to the Product Engineer/Manager
        If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team at 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200. Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by dd33 View Post
          Some sort of Excel style data table object would be great. I build a lot of screens with dozens of static text elements, numeric elements and multi state text indicators aligned on a screen. Getting everything to line up is really time consuming and trying to add something in after your finished can take forever. You can group and move objects together to speed things up but filling a table would be much quicker.
          Any idea how many tags/elements/objects that this would occupy. Maybe based on rows/cols/embedded datatype ?
          I bump against max objects error on a lot of my projects.
          Then I have to reduce/remove/move to a background screen/move to another screen.....
          I understand the reason for a max object/tag limit, i just hit it a lot.

Comment

Help topic CM143. Objects - Max Objects = 500 per screen.
            If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

Originally posted by Do-more PE View Post
              Help topic CM143. Objects - Max Objects = 500 per screen.
              Thanks. My help (for CMORE only) fails to work.

Comment

Try checking to see if Windows has "helped" you out by blocking the .chm file in the C-more folder. For some reason Microsoft seems to think that users don't need to access those anymore.
                If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

Originally posted by Do-more PE View Post
                  Try checking to see if Windows has "helped" you out by blocking the .chm file in the C-more folder. For some reason Microsoft seems to think that users don't need to access those anymore.
                  I can open .chm by DBLCLICK. Just not within software.
                  I will do a better check later. It is go-home time!

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                  X