X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LBM
    started a topic Do-More Software - Documentation Editor

Do-More Software - Documentation Editor

Generally I work with three monitors; I think that being able to undock the Documentation Editor from the Tab Bar would be great... Similar to undocking the Instruction Toolbox or the Project Browser. When working on a single monitor environment I would still want it back in the Tab Bar, as it is too wide to be dock on the sides..... It could be a pick option in the View Menu List.... My 2 cents...

• BobO
    replied
    Originally posted by MikeN View Post

Perhaps you could instead make a second documentation editor? Each one with different behavior but to the end user they wont be able to see the difference. When the user decides to click a button to bring the documentation into a floating window, the background behavior instead closes the current doc editor and opens the second editor which is an actual floating window. The end user wouldnt know the behind the scenes difference.
    That's most likely the way it would have to be implemented. It's just finding the time to do it. If stuff is easy, we jump on it quickly. This isn't.

But on the subject of the documentation editor, we are planning a fairly significant rework of how Do-more projects are documented. Do-more's nicknames are tags in almost every relevant way, except in how they are created. Typical PLC programming workflow was very different when the foundations of DmD documentation were laid. It's long past time to rethink some things.

Leave a comment:

• MikeN
    replied
    Originally posted by BobO View Post
    It's a great idea and something we have talked about. The complication is that it is an MDI document view, and to make it dockable/floatable and a document window at the same time is a trick.

You can get pretty close already though. Click Window->Cascade to set multi-document mode. Stretch DmD's main window across multiple monitors. Reposition the document views where you want. I've had them three-wide before.
    Perhaps you could instead make a second documentation editor? Each one with different behavior but to the end user they wont be able to see the difference. When the user decides to click a button to bring the documentation into a floating window, the background behavior instead closes the current doc editor and opens the second editor which is an actual floating window. The end user wouldnt know the behind the scenes difference.

Leave a comment:

• BobO
    replied
    It's a great idea and something we have talked about. The complication is that it is an MDI document view, and to make it dockable/floatable and a document window at the same time is a trick.

You can get pretty close already though. Click Window->Cascade to set multi-document mode. Stretch DmD's main window across multiple monitors. Reposition the document views where you want. I've had them three-wide before.

Leave a comment:

• Do-more PE
    replied
    We have been looking at GUI improvements and this would be an excellent addition to that list as we work on things. I'll pass it along to HOST.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X