Ultra slim relays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultra slim relays

It would be great if you guys added ultra slim relays to your product line up. The ones that are about 6mm wide and look like a multi level terminal block.

Thanks for the post. We are working to improve our relay offering and hope to have an ultra slim line available soon.
    If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team at 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200. Thank you

Comment

They do have these https://www.automationdirect.com/adc...28RS_Series%29 which aren't quite as nice packaging-wise, but are semi-interchangeable with the product you're talking about in some scenarios.

I've always found at least Phoenix 6mm terminal relays to be not very reliable, usually the sockets believe it or not. I've seen premature failures more than once, including one time when I was troubleshooting a brand new piece of equipment that had never even been commissioned and the failure turned out to be Phoenix terminal relay sockets. Therefore, what I'd really like to see would be a heavier duty version with better contacts and pins, but it doesn't have to be 6mm. The clouds didn't split open and "6mm" come down from heaven as a decree. If you can't make a quality product at 6mm, then 7 or 8 or 10 is perfectly fine. It would still save space over a 781 socket. Quality and reliability are more important than "optimizing" efficiency in space and cost to the point they're no longer optimal.

Comment

Quality and reliability are more important than "optimizing" efficiency in space and cost to the point they're no longer optimal.

THANK YOU

Comment

So far, I've not had any issues with the Idec RV8H series, even though they're also only 6mm. Maybe try those till ADC has an offering.

Still would like a model with heavier pins and contacts in 8mm or so .

Comment

Working...
          X