Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recommendation for soft-set adhesive for GCX1241-24L et al.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommendation for soft-set adhesive for GCX1241-24L et al.

The plastic threaded ring works loose in normal operation.
    What soft-set adhesive would be compatible with this plastic?

Are you looking for some substance that can be removed, but have enough resistance that the ring can't come loose from vibration? RV Silicone?
    If you've done the very best you can, worrying won't make it any better - Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Ridgeline Mach View Post
      Are you looking for some substance that can be removed, but have enough resistance that the ring can't come loose from vibration? RV Silicone?
      Yes, and not destroy the translucent plastic.

Comment

I am not aware of any thread lock that is safe for thermoplastics that is not permanent. With that said, perhaps a drop of old fashioned Elmers™ glue might do the trick?
        If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

Hot melt craft glue might have the properties you desire...

Comment

Originally posted by Brick_Whisperer View Post
            Hot melt craft glue might have the properties you desire...
            That seems easily doable. I don't think that I would even need it heated. A sliver in the thread would probably do wonders.
            Thanks.

Comment

Yeah, hot melt sounds feasible. I also think a tiny dot of construction adhesive would stay pliable and probably not destroy the plastic. Or blue Loctite maybe. Just be sparing with whatever you use, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by ControlsGuy View Post
                Yeah, hot melt sounds feasible. I also think a tiny dot of construction adhesive would stay pliable and probably not destroy the plastic. Or blue Loctite maybe. Just be sparing with whatever you use, I think.
                Hot glue should work. Do NOT use blue Loctite (or any Loctite product not specifically shown for use on plastic) on plastic. It will craze and crack. I learned that the hard way years ago.

Comment

Working...
                X