PAC suite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PAC suite

In some future rev, can we get a nagging issue fixed? I understand that there are many and several nagging issues, but this one just wasted my time again.

If the Set CPU Time/Date dialog is set to the smallest horizontal size (which SHOULD BE THE DEFAULT SIZE) the [CPU TIme] [Apply] and [Help] do not show. The [PC Time] button is to the far right (why should it ever appear there?) which would imply that there are no more options to be had.

[rant]
    This is present in ver 1.9.2.0 and 3.2.2.4. Sometimes I feel like an unpaid alpha tester.
    [/rant]

What is your screen resolution and your screen magnification set to?

Comment

Default for monitor and 100%- Purely default and default. Should that matter?
      I have seen better-behaved software have NO issue with screen resolution.
      The software for PAC and SOLO seem to be the worst offenders in this area. --
      [OT]btw, they are java-based, right?
      The 'InstallAnywhere' dialog tells me that.MS SpyXX reporting the SunAwtFrame confirms it.

[EDIT:spelling]
      Last edited by kewakl; 06-29-2018, 05:26 AM.

Comment

I do not have this issue, and I am using a 17" Toshiba Satellite L55-B5294 Windows 7 Pro laptop.

kewakl, can you post a screenshot?
        If you've done the very best you can, worrying won't make it any better - Walt Disney

Comment

kewakl

we had a QA guy trying to duplicate and could not make the window small enough to hide the buttons. I also tried with no success. We were TRYING to get more info.

Comment

short vid clip from home using camtasia camstudio recorder
            looks the same at the shop. I'll try all the revs that I have installed.

[edit: fix camsoftware name]
            Attached Files
            Last edited by kewakl; 06-29-2018, 04:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PSeries_Eng View Post
              kewakl
              We were TRYING to get more info.

Understood. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Ridgeline Mach View Post
                I do not have this issue, and I am using a 17" Toshiba Satellite L55-B5294 Windows 7 Pro laptop.

kewakl, can you post a screenshot?
                thanks. Did just a bit better than screenshot.

Comment

and on laptop
                  both win7 pro sp1

homepc has MSI RX 480 8GB.
                  This laptop is a crummy HP zbook with intel HD and invidia quadro M1000M video 1920X1080
                  This clip is from V1.7.1.1
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by kewakl; 06-29-2018, 05:31 AM.

Comment

Can you:
                    1) Start a new instance of the GUI with no other instances open. ( Preferably 3.2.2.4)
                    2) Make this happen.
                    3) Send the log file from the following location on your pc C:\ProgramData\AutomationDirect\Productivity Suite 3.2.2.4 ( or whatever version you reproduce it on.)

Comment

Can do when I get a break in this action! Thanks.

Comment

I just watched your video and tried that myself, couldnt duplicate it :/
                        I am on a Windows 7 pro SP1 PC using the latest productivity software that is currently available. I thought maybe it was your theme you were using so I switched mine to WIndows classic as well but I still copuldnt replicate this issue. Is there some other theme altering software on your computer? And you are sure that your "set custom text size (DPI)" is at 100%, and the general "make text or other items larger or smaller" screen is also set at 100%?
                        Last edited by MikeN; 06-29-2018, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Do you need to update your video card driver?

I tried to duplicate your problem, and I could not make the window any smaller than the buttons remaining at the bottom.
                          If you've done the very best you can, worrying won't make it any better - Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by MikeN View Post
                            I just watched your video and tried that myself, couldnt duplicate it :/
                            I am on a Windows 7 pro SP1 PC using the latest productivity software that is currently available. I thought maybe it was your theme you were using so I switched mine to WIndows classic as well but I still copuldnt replicate this issue. Is there some other theme altering software on your computer? And you are sure that your "set custom text size (DPI)" is at 100%, and the general "make text or other items larger or smaller" screen is also set at 100%?
                            Thanks,
                            Mike, If I were giving awards to the MOST CORRECT answer, you would get it.
                            If I setup WINDOWS for automationdirect software, I can get rid of this issue, but I NEED the larger font.

Except Solo, I do NOT have this issue with other automation software.

Comment

Default for monitor and 100%- Purely default and default
                              What are your settings?? If we can get these maybe we can work to get fixed.

Comment

Working...
                              X