Terminal blocks with switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terminal blocks with switch

I would really like it if Automation Direct carried terminal blocks with these little switches on them. I find them extremely useful for simulating inputs and using them for enable switches for drives on test setups or prototyping. Even used a couple as force enable/overrides in an actual control panel once for debugging. Sure there are millions of other switches out there, but so very few basic switches that can easily mount on a common DIN rail.

Looks like these ones are made by a company named Elmex, but Im sure there are other companies who also make the same thing or very similar.

Attached Files

I know that this is not exactly what you asked for, but I have used these to great effect.

https://www.automationdirect.com/adc...sories/DN-DIS2

Comment

Ya, those ones require too much effort to use as a simple switch. I do have a couple dozen on my test bench though for disconnecting certain control circuits depending on what hardware I am trying to work with.

Comment

Thanks for the request. I passed it along to the Product Manager for consideration.
        If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team at 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200. Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by MikeN View Post
          I would really like it if Automation Direct carried terminal blocks with these little switches on them. I find them extremely useful for simulating inputs and using them for enable switches for drives on test setups or prototyping. Even used a couple as force enable/overrides in an actual control panel once for debugging. Sure there are millions of other switches out there, but so very few basic switches that can easily mount on a common DIN rail.

Looks like these ones are made by a company named Elmex, but Im sure there are other companies who also make the same thing or very similar.
          It's gonna probably cost as much as a circuit breaker by the time they assemble that, so the only downside to using a breaker is size. ASI has some that are only 12 or 13mm wide (though as tall as a typical 1077/489 breaker).

Comment

I think that Mike is looking for SPDT.

Comment

The useful thing about a spdt is that you could use it on outputs to enable an auto/manual switch. Common to load, NC from plc output, NO connected to +voltage. If the plc died or something, the user could throw the switch to manual.... Just a random thought.

Comment

Originally posted by kewakl View Post
                I think that Mike is looking for SPDT.
                Ah, got it.

Comment

Working...
                X