MTW Wire

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MTW Wire

Why isn't there a 10g MTW Blue? It is common to have Black, Red, and Blue on a 3 phase 240vac system. At least where I work.

black, red, blue is the standard colors listed by the National Electric Code, however they also list black, orange, yellow as alternate colors you can use. AD does carry those.
    Personally I wouldnt use those alternates though. Yellow in a control cabinet normally means "this is still live after local disconnect". And then you have 480v 3 phase that is normally brown, orange, yellow for its colors. It would be confusing to a lot of people to use orange and especially yellow for the standard 240v 3 phase wire colors.
    Last edited by MikeN; 10-03-2018, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Thank MikeN, yes, I use the Brn, Org, and Yellow for 480vac 3 phase.

Comment

Those are both construction oriented color codes. JIC/NFPA 79 standard for high voltage power is black.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion. We are currently working on improving our wire offering and your input is greatly appreciated.
          If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team at 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200. Thank you

Comment

Working...
          X