Productivity Series Suggestions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Productivity Series Suggestions

From a programming standpoint, the only thing that separates these PLCs from their far more expensive Alternate Brand counterparts, in our eyes anyway, is that they do not have user defined structures (structures of mixed data types, as opposed to arrays of a single data type) or user defined function blocks. Almost anything can be programmed with what you currently offer in the Productivity software, but itíll never quite compete without these features. Honestly, with these features, we could probably use Productivity in almost all of our machines.

Also, if the P1K offered bipolar analog, I can say that we would already be using a lot more of those.

i believe that is why the BRX line also exists, it does have those

Comment

User defined structures is in the works. No possible release date as of yet since still in development.

We also have a bi-polar card that will be out sometime in the May time frame.
      If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

Originally posted by spitchford View Post
        From a programming standpoint, the only thing that separates these PLCs from their far more expensive Alternate Brand counterparts, in our eyes anyway, is that they do not have user defined structures (structures of mixed data types, as opposed to arrays of a single data type) or user defined function blocks. Almost anything can be programmed with what you currently offer in the Productivity software, but itíll never quite compete without these features. Honestly, with these features, we could probably use Productivity in almost all of our machines.

Also, if the P1K offered bipolar analog, I can say that we would already be using a lot more of those.
        I agree wholeheartedly... this would be huge!

Comment

Working...
        X