productivity suite suggestion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• productivity suite suggestion

It would be nice for documentation purposes that when in the ladder view that when you right click on an instruction that it would allow you to edit the tag comments. it makes things more difficult that the only place i found to edit the tag comments is from within the tag database.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Automation Direct.png
Views:	179
Size:	204.1 KB
ID:	120809

Thanks for the suggestion. This is actually on our list of future enhancements and we hope to have it available soon.
    If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team at 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200. Thank you

Comment

You guys are awesome. Keep up the good work.

The productivity series has become my favorite platform to develop in. I can easily do things in it that i cant in other brands that cost 5 times more and the platform keeps getting better.

Comment

That's great to hear! I'll definitely pass it along and let us know of any other suggestions you may have. Thanks again!!
        If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team at 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200. Thank you

Comment

The biggest thing negatively separating it from your main competitor for the P3000 in this plant is only one user configurable Ethernet port. I have a few workarounds I have thought about like using a modbus serial to modbus TCP adapter or getting a layer 3 switch with network address translation and inter VLAN routing. neither are ideal and it would be much simpler if i could just add a card to the rack like the serial card

Another thing I just thought of would be to integrate the scale linear instruction in to the analog card hardware config screen and add 4-20ma in the ranger drop down selector. i am thinking add 2 columns to the right of range labeled scale min and scale max and having it default to 0-65535 for backwards compatibility. Click image for larger version

Name:	analog.png
Views:	119
Size:	848.2 KB
ID:	120970

Comment

Thanks again for the suggestions. I made the Product Manager/Engineer aware of them.

Comment

Working...
            X