Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BobO
    replied
    And DmD resembles DirectSoft the way a Porsche resembles a VW.

Leave a comment:

• BobO
    replied
    Awesome! We’re glad you like it, happy to help, and willing to listen.

Leave a comment:

• Brick_Whisperer
    started a topic My first BRX

My first BRX

I've been lurking around for quite some time. Already a huge fan of Cmore Micros. My past AD PLC experience has been with old DL's. Reminded me of old days with my Timex/Sinclair1000, with a Zilog z80 machine code. I come from an AB and micrologix background. I have used the micro800 several times, and don't mind them, even though they are an adjustment.

But I have been drooling about BRX's, and just commissioned my first BRX project - an old AB PLC2/15 retrofit. All I can say is - what a nice platform! I have seen the discussions about capabilities vs. intuitiveness, and agree it daunting to grasp how many different way things can be done.

I was initially disappointed how much DMD resembled DirectSoft - but I quickly realized it is far more capable. For example, using TrendPlot, I could quickly verify all my PB inputs by myself.

Casting is one of my first favorite features - the free and easy access to any number, or any part thereof, is liberating, especially when coming from more restricted roots.

I think the Math box is pretty much analogous to sailors seeing mermaids. Too good to be true.

I will be coming up with many questions - and suggesting ways to fill information gaps. (I already have some issues w/ OFFDTMRs), but mostly, I feel like a kid in a candy store.

Kudos to AD - I'm a fan on my first go-around!

Working...
X