Click

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Click

One of the options I use often on the Direct Soft is the compare program. I would like to see this option on the Click software, and actually all of your software.

Originally posted by tmoney View Post
    One of the options I use often on the Direct Soft is the compare program. I would like to see this option on the Click software, and actually all of your software.
    FYI, Do-more Designer has an elaborate Compare Program utility, showing you which code-blocks exist in one vs the other, along with the differences at the individual instruction level. The differences are color coded, pointing out which are the same (in black), which are different (blue), only exists in the current project (green), only exists in the "other" project (red):

Click image for larger version

Name:	ComparePgm1.png
Views:	104
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	123606

There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who know binary, and those who do not.

Comment

Thanks for the post. As franji1 mentioned our Do-more and also our Productivity Suite software packages do offer a compare project feature. However, I did forward your suggestion to the CLICK product manager for consideration.
      If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team at 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200. Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by bdehner View Post
        Thanks for the post. As franji1 mentioned our Do-more and also our Productivity Suite software packages do offer a compare project feature. However, I did forward your suggestion to the CLICK product manager for consideration.
        Since you mentioned this for PxK,
        As long as each project's sw rev supports the 'Compare Project,' does it make any difference from which sw rev we do the compare?
        If I am comparing a project from 3.5.0.16 and a project from 3.4.0.16, does it make more sense to do the compare from the later rev as opposed to the earlier rev?

I am thinking that it could be possible that an earlier rev may not understand something introduced in a later rev.

Comment

I am thinking that it could be possible that an earlier rev may not understand something introduced in a later rev.
          That is correct. For Do-more Designer, the earlier version cannot open a project from a later version (e.g. MS Word 1.0 can't open an Office 365 doc file).

But you can definitely open an older project in a later version of Designer (e.g. Designer 2.6 can open a Designer 1.0 .dmd project file).
          There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who know binary, and those who do not.

Comment

The same holds true for Productivity. You canít take a 3.4 project and compare it to a 3.5 project or you will get the below error. However, you can take a 3.5 project and compare it to a 3.4 since you are comparing the new to an older version.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Compare_Prod.jpg Views:	0 Size:	54.9 KB ID:	123649
            If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team at 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200. Thank you

Comment

franj and b. Thank you. I did not see it in the docs, but figured it to be so. Thanks for the clarification.

Comment

Working...
              X